Almost || Seokjin x Reader

Almost.

That was the word that described most things in your life.

Almost.

You almost won the 5th grade spelling bee.

You almost won that soccer game.

You almost won his heart...

~~~~~~~~~~

You were sitting on your couch watching a movie, like you usually do on Friday nights. Until you were interrupted by your phone vibrating next to you. You picked it up and saw you got a text from someone. You smiled once you read the contact name.

Seokjin.

You read the text.

Seokjin: Heyyy come over, I'm lonely and I ordered a pizza that's too big for me to finish alone ;;

Y/N: sigh fiiine lol. But I hope you know I'm only coming over for the pizza

Seokjin: lolol fine by me~!

Y/N: I'll be there in five

You giggled a bit after reading your texts and put your phone down to go put on some better clothes.

Once you got dressed, you left your house to go to Seokjin's place. You smiled thinking about him. He was so kind, and a really good friend of yours.
But he was also oblivious.
Oblivious enough to not realize your feelings for him.

Without realizing, you made it to Seokjin's house pretty quickly. You knocked on the door and took in a deep breath. You were always nervous when it was just the two of you together.

He opened the door, "Y/N! Come on in."

You smiled and blushed a bit hearing him say your name with such a happy tone. Walking inside you smelt the pizza immediately.

"Ah~ the pizza that I came for," You walked over to the kitchen counter and opened the pizza box.

"Aw man, no hug for me?" He pouted then laughed a bit after walking over to you.

You grinned, "I only came for the pizza, remember? I can never turn down free food."

You both laughed and he grabbed some plates for the both of you.

You both took your plates and sat on the couch next to each other.

"Oh right, drinks!" Seokjin said and stood back up, walking over to the kitchen he said, "What do you want to drink?"

"Just some cola is fine with me," You replied.

While you were waiting for him to get your drinks you took out your phone just to make it seem like you're doing something. You began to think to yourself. Why did he ask me to come over? I mean I'm not complaining I'm just curious. Normally when he asks me he has a friend over... C-Could it be he--. You blushed deeply at your thoughts then covered your face. N-No it can't be...

He came back with your drinks and he set them on the coffee table in front of the couch. He seemed a little hesitant when he sat down next to you. You put down your phone on the coffee table and began to eat your pizza.

"Movie time," He said, picking up the remote, "What do you wanna watch?" He looked at you.

"Hmmm," You thought for a second, "I'm in the mood for a romance movie, I want to cry from it though," You said, smiling a bit.

"Aw man, I have to see (Y/N) cry tonight? No fun, let's do a romantic comedy," Seokjin chuckled.

You sighed, "Fine, but then we're watching that tear jerking romance," You said laughing a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~

Seokjin chose a romantic comedy that was a little bit like the princess and the frog, but funnier and with some more mature jokes and innuendos. It was pretty good. But something felt different this time. Usually you and Seokjin would be talking to each other a bit during the movie, making small dumb jokes and things like that. But it felt like you were alone in the movie theater, watching this movie with a bunch of strangers just laughing at the movie. What's going on?

Once the movie ended you turned to Seokjin, "Hey, what's up? You seemed kind of off today."

He looked at you, his expression seemed a little shocked that you would ask him that, "N-Nothing. I'm fine," He replied with a forced smile.

"You're not fine! I know that smile, that smile says 'no (Y/N), I'm lying to you and I'm actually not fine' So please, tell me what's wrong," You turned your body to face him.

"Don't worry about it! I just feel a little awkward today. Because its only me and you tonight..." He looked away and you blushed a bit.

"O-Oh.. really? Sorry for uh.. for overreacting," You laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of your neck.

"How about that sad movie? My chest hurts from laughing too much," He smiled his real smile this time.

You smiled as well, "Sure. Now go get me more pizza peasant!"

"Peasant?!"

"Yes, now go," You both laughed as he got up and got the both of you more slices of pizza.

~~~~~~~~~~

Barely half way through the movie, you already end up crying. Seokjin sees the tears streaming down your face and wraps an arm around your shoulder as you lean on his chest. You both stayed like this for the rest of the movie, and without realizing, you fell asleep on top of him.

~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up and rubbed your eyes. Sitting up, you realized you weren't in your bed. Or on Seokjin's couch. You were in his bedroom. You panicked a bit but remembered that you came over the night before. You must've fell asleep while watching that movie. You got out of bed and walked out of his bedroom to see Seokjin in the kitchen making breakfast. You smiled and sat down at the island in the middle of his small kitchen.

"Sorry I fell asleep," You said sleepily, rubbing your eyes as you rested your head on the counter.

"Its okay," Seokjin smiled.

He finished making breakfast and set it down in front of you as he sat across from you. You smiled, his cooking always made you happy.

~~~~~~~~~~

After eating breakfast and goofing around, it was time for you to leave.

You stood at the door in front of Seokjin. Your heart was racing. You wanted to tell him, you really did.

So you took a deep breath, "Seokjin..." You looked down.

"What's up?" He titled his head.

"I-I really like you... I always have, for the longest time now. A-And I just thought that this would be a good time to tell you..." You looked at him, your voice was shaking, you were nervous to hear his reply.

He stayed silent and just stared at you.

"D-Do you feel the same...?" You became very worried.

He finally replied.

"Almost..."

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for a sadder ending this time woops.

I really liked writing this one to be honest, despite its sad ending XD

Recommend some ideas for me owo

Anyways, hope you stick around