Noah's Story

I was talking to a group of guys when a group of girls came and joined in. It was the dance team they told me there was a girl over on the field who liked me. I didn't care because lots of girls like me and I turned back around and the girls walked off. I heard screaming and turned around and saw a fight. It was the same girl from the dance team who told me a girl liked me. I ran over to see who she was fighting. I saw a glimpse of her face and she was in Mr.Ricks class. I stopped when I saw Mr.James walk over to the fight. The girl told everyone to act normal and I did as she said.
  A boy had videotaped the whole thing and showed the teacher. Mr.James then took the girl away to the administrative office. I went to my lunch and a girl named Leilani had asked me if I liked her. I said I didn't and I like the girl who fought Clara the girl from the dance team. She looked at me and stormed off as far as possible. I went home that day thinking non-stop about her. I woke up that Wednesday morning thinking of her. I never liked someone like this before except Marilyn and Cherry. I saw her in the courtyard and started walking to her and then she looked behind her.
  I stood there in front of her waiting for her to turn back around. I smiled and said, "hi beautiful". She then kicked me and I didn't regret though and I smacked her ass. Everyone turned to see a guy named Henry came charging toward me while she walked off. A girl was throwing a party and I wanted to go with Alex. At the party I didn't see her come in. Then I noticed a girl tieing her shoe and went to ask her if she had seen Alex. When the girl looked up it was Alex.
  Our stares were locked with each other. I couldn't believe I leaned in and kissed her. It didn't take her long to push me off. I apologized and ran back inside the party. I went home later that night feeling guilty. Then, I got a call and it was from Alex she asked me to help her with her room. I decided to just be friends for right now.  I moved closer to the door trying not to startle myself. I placed my hand on the doorknob I turned it slowly and pushed it quietly.
  I tiptoed in noticed how clean the room was. She told me we should go shopping for paint. She ended up getting a couch and a big dresser attached to a mirror. She wanted to paint her room coral pink. She spun and twirled around in excitement. She gave me a hug we were the best of friends. She told me about Winston, Leilani, her Grandma, and her Mom. It made me upset to see her go through all of that. When we were finished with her room it was time for me to leave.
  I didn't want to leave but I had to because tomorrow was school. I finished my dinner and thanked my mom. I ran upstairs to my room and crawled into bed. I lay there thinking about her she had a kind heart unlike me. I was the only friend she had except her old friend Karmen. I woke up and quickly went to get dressed. I dusted me off and told myself I don't need to impress her and we were just friends. We made bracelets for our friendship. We were going to be juniors no longer sophomores.
Days turned into months and months turned into 1 year. Henry was going to be a senior and he rejected Leilani. Alex seemed happy she had mixed emotions around everyone. We had a good friendship and I would hate to mess it up. I couldn't tell her how I felt maybe one day we will be together. The time wasn't right because Alex was getting out of a dark place right now. My head spun with confusion and thoughts.
  I decided we should have a sleepover. She accepted but I think her brother didn't approve. Alex seemed off that's how I feel about now. Henry found out about the sleepover and made me sleep in the living room. Their house had 3 rooms  Henry's room, Alex's room, and the parent's bedroom. They also had 2 bathrooms and a garage and a laundry room. Alex had left her phone in the living room to charge. I wanted to go through it but it would have been an invasion of privacy. Then, I thought since we were friends we share secrets.
  I snuck into her bedroom and woke her up. I asked her if we could share secrets. Instead of boring secrets, I told her how I felt. We sat there in silence and I tensed a little.  She looked down and shook her head. " Noah I knew this would come," she told me. "I'm moving Noah" she started to cry. She told she just got out of a dark place and she didn't want to lose me. My heart broke and shattered.
  I had to move on this wasn't a good lifestyle. I loved Alex I didn't want to cry but I couldn't hold it in. I kissed Alex one last time goodbye. I walked home and unlocked my door I went straight to my room and went to bed. I didn't want to go to school and I had a high fever. I cried all day I had never cried over a girl. I lost Alex I just wanted to die. I decided I would join the military.
  Every day I passed by her house I cried. Soon I got over it and would hardly cry. I hated talking about Alex it made me feel guilty and horrible.