Chapter 1 ~ A New Life

Start from the beginning

Wait... I feel like... I've heard of... that name... before...

-------------------------------------------------------X------------------------------------------------------------

My name is, or rather was, Tomoki Akari. I'm a slightly... okay, I'm a 17 years old tomboy high school girl who's leaving life peacefully in Japan.

In my school, I'm called "Prince". And no, I'm not bragging. I mean why would a girl be happy for being called prince?

I got that nickname because of two things. I got an androgynous look. So if you add the fact that I'm tomboy, no one would know that I'm a girl If I don't wear a skirt to school.

Second, it's because I frequent the role of the prince in the drama club. I joined in because I like acting, and since my best friends, Hikaru Kazuto and Tachibana Hana a.k.a Hana-chan, joined in too, I ended up enjoying it a lot.

Hana-chan would act the role of princess and I would be the prince of the drama club. Hehe, not to brag but, I'm really good at acting. Like, really really good (still, totally not bragging btw). That's why I got chosen as the main lead every time. Although they were all guy characters......

Because of how frequent I act as a prince or a cool guy and how it actually fits me really well, I have a habit of slipping up and saying lines even when I'm not acting.

Girls I can understand, but even guys started blushing when my habit suddenly surfaced. I-I'm sorry to make you uncomfortable... Suddenly being told cheesy romantic lines would make you cringe right...

But thankfully, to my surprise, I wasn't hated or shunned. In fact, they started befriending me and would always say hi when we walk past each other. Hah... I'm so glad they're nice people. I got along with guys and girls alike. Because I'm tomboyish and friendly, I fit in really nicely.

Though... there were times when they would blush slightly when I touch their shoulder or just talk with them.

Many girls would even give me chocolates during Valentine's day while stuttering with blushing faces. I was actually quite shock in the beginning since I thought it's the day that girls would give chocolates to boys.

I mean, they should know that I'm a girl. When I asked my two best friends, they said it's a friendship chocolate so I should take it. Though when I ask her why were they really nervous from giving chocolates, they sighed.

Since then, I've been receiving mountains of chocolate every year.

Well, I'm thankful but, won't the guys lose their shares? But when I look towards them, they were blushing and stealing glances at me. Hm... Weird. Are they targeting my chocolates? I'm sorry but I won't give any to them because these are from my precious friends.

Because I felt bad, I decided to give them chocolate that I bought from the stores to them. And wow... They got so rowdy the moment I gave them chocolates.

Why are they that happy? I'm glad but... Oh, I know why! It must be because Hana-chan also gave them some. Hana is really cute after all~

That day, Kazu would also be swarmed with chocolates from girls we never even talked with before.

Hah... the face he has when he saw the mountain of chocolates on his desk in the morning... Good times~

Oh that's right, I forgot to tell you about my other best friend. His name is Hikaru Kazuto. Kazu and I went way back from when I was still in elementary school. He had always been a brother to me and he also treated me like a little sister.

We met Hana when we entered middle school and has been good friends ever since. He's also in the drama club and would play either the antagonist role or a supporting role.

Although many girls who got close to me only wanted to be with Kazu since he's really good looking (don't tell him I said that), she was the only one who truly wanted to get along with us as friends. That's why we usually just stick with each other.

One day, when I was walking home with them, a truck's tire popped. And since it was going really fast, it ended up slamming us together...

That was a really unfortunate way to die, to be honest... Random accidents like that, it's something you can't predict or prepare for. Pretty scary if you think about it.

Well... I guess I'm glad that I got to reincarnate rather than going to hell. Especially if I get to have such beautiful parents! Don't get me wrong, I'm still sad that I had to leave my family and friends, but... There's nothing I can do. My motto is to "live life to its fullest!" I treasure, and will continue treasuring my memories with them.

But this is my life now. And I want to love my new parent just like how I love them.