Chapter 7: P.D.

"Tell me. Tell me where you love lies. Waste a day and spend the night." I continued to sing the song under my breath. I spread a face mask over my face. A coconut one. I washed my hands when I was done. I walked and sat on my bed. I pulled out a random book. "The Fault in Our Stars". This book makes me cry every time, but I love it so much.

I heard a knock on my window. The darkness outside. Maybe a ghost. I jumped when a small pebble hit my window. I opened my window to see a bright light below. My phone buzzed shortly after I looked down.

T/M: Can I come up?

Me: yes

I heard the rustling of the leaves as he climbed the tree. I unlocked my window and opened it.

"Shh. They're sleeping." He pretended to kick a branch. He slipped through the small window to reveal his fully black clothes. I picked a leaf out of his hair and put it in my garbage.

"I-" I stopped him by putting my finger to lips. "I'm sorry." He was whispering now. I opened my arms for a hug. He gladly accepted.

"You- um." I looked at the clock, it read 10:38. "Are you sleeping over?"

"Do you have food?"

"We'll have to be quiet." He nodded his head. We headed down the stairs. I felt like we were ninjas. We managed to get down the stairs. I started to go until I heard a little voice.

"How did he kill me?!" Tyler started to walk out, but I put my hand to stop him. I pointed upstairs and he started back up.

"London." She jumped at my voice. "Shouldn't you be in bed?" She quickly turned her x-box off.

"Don't tell mom."

"My lips are sealed. Go to bed." She ran up the stairs. I grabbed a bunch of bags of chips. I found Tyler looking through my sketchbook. I quickly shut it. He looked up at me, confused.

"They're really good." I shook my head at him and patted his chin. I opened my closet door and surveyed the games. I moved along and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My face mask had fully worn off. Tyler came up and hugged me from the waist. He placed his head on my shoulder.

"Beautiful."

"No." He grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"I must go." I hugged him goodbye. I opened my window and watched as he climbed down. I sat of my bed looking through my sketchbook until I feel asleep.

-The Next Day-
I walked sleepily down the stairs. My mom was making breakfast and my dad was reading the paper.

"Aubree?"

"Yes, London?"

"What was Mr. Maverick doing here last night?" I gulped in a large amount of my orange juice.

"What?"

"Oh. I saw him going into your room when I was coming back from the bathroom." Both of my parents were paying attention.

"He came to pay me a visit."

"At 11 at night?"

"But out." She raised her hand in defense. I went back to my room to get ready. I soon heard a knock.

"Come in." My dad opened the door. He walked in and sat on my bed.

"Why was Mr. Maverick here?"

"Because- Because we got into a fight and he was apologizing."

"Why so late?"

"I don't know! Will you please stop asking so many questions!" He sat next to me.

"I want to make sure that my little girl is all right." I nodded my head at him. He walked out the door. Leaving me to my thoughts.

-Later That Day-

Knock Knock. The door is slowly opened to reveal a tall, blonde haired guy.

"Hello, Travis." He smiled a fake smile at me. He started to close the door on me. I stuck my foot in the way.

"What?" He looked annoyed that I showed up at their door.

"I'm here to see Mav."

"No, I thought you were here to see me. Or Justin." I could tell the sarcasm laced through his voice. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Where could I find him?"

"Downstairs. Hallway. Second door on your right."

"Thank you Travis." He slammed the door behind me. Travis hates how much time I spend at his house. He used to be nicer to me when I was younger. I'm like another annoying sibling to him now. I headed down the stairs. When you first walk down, it's a giant game room. Travis and Tyler's bedroom are downstairs, along with separate bathrooms.I knocked on a tall, wooden door.

"Go away Travis." I laughed as I opened the door.

"Is that my new nickname?" He laughed as he turned around. "Why did you invite me to dinner?"

"My mom did." I nodded my head. My phone started to buzz. I looked down at the screen to see Alec flash up.

"Crap." I took my phone and run up the stairs. I run out the front door. I hit the answer button just in time.

"Aubree."

"Hey Alec."

"Where are you?"

"At a friend's, why?"

"Come home. We have something important to discuss. I hung up and took off sprinting towards my house. The two miles seemed to take forever. When I got there, I opened the door. Inside, was my parents and Alec sitting at the table. I sat at the open chair.

"Aubree..."

————————————————————————
Cliff hanger! The dog's name has been changed from Travis to Justin!