Chapter 14 | Suitors

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for the honesty, Lady Lilia" he smirked looking at her. The dress looked way too good on her to just be ignored. He had never seen her in more beautiful clothes that made her even more desirable, to say the least. "You look really good in that gown but, as far as I enjoy your company, I don't think it would be appropriate for you to stand in front of the King's chambers with me"

"Well, I would go back to my chambers if I knew how to get there but given the fact that I'm sort of hopelessly roaming the castle trying to find them... I don't think I have anyone else who would help me..." she said as she stood by his side. "I don't think that would be a problem, you accompanied me through all the journey here. Besides, I'm not very concerned about what people would think"

"But then all your suitors wouldn't want to marry you anymore and you'd be disgraced. I can't let that happen. The King and your father would have my head for it" he faked his concerned. To be honest, all Jaime wanted to do was to go to sleep and forget about the world, including that gorgeous girl who was tempting him completely. He was surprised when she stopped to think and then smirked. Then he knew what she was looking for, she couldn't care less at that point. She wanted them to leave her alone. "So, I think your father has told you"

"About all the suitors that are lining up to see if they get a chance to marry me in order to win that conquest of licking the King's and the Hand's boots? I've heard about it..." 'smart girl', Jaime thought. As much as his sister hated to admit, especially now that the Stark girl had earned the spotlight, taking it from her and her children, the girl was indeed charming and smart. Only a fool would think otherwise.

"You'll have to get married one day and just so you know, from what I've heard, you have quite the list of suitors, from the wealthiest Houses in the Seven Kingdoms and some of them are the most desired bachelors in all over the Realm" he tried to reason with her. She gave him a look. The northern girl couldn't care less about how desirable her betrothed was. It wouldn't help her anyway, so...

"I'll choose who I'm to be married to once I make a solid decision. I don't care about some stupid alliance. I'm not a Princess, neither will I ever be" the winter rose stated confidently, getting the lion appalled by her innocence. He found it sad how she didn't know that she was not having a say in the matter. If the King commanded it, then the word was final and nothing of what she could do would make it better. He debated if he should say a thing about the matter or not and then decided to remain silent and let the girl dream while she still could. "How do you deal with this? The noises, I mean... you must have been in here for hours. Isn't it weird knowing your sister is in there?"

"My sister isn't in there. She's in the Queen's chambers" the girl suddenly felt worse about him. It must be hard to hear those noises anyways but knowing that his sister's husband is shaming her must be awful. "He only does this when I'm in service. He knows it insults my sister, and therefore, her family in general"

"Exciting to think that my sister will be Queen someday" Lilia sarcastically stated. The blonde Lannister looked over at the brunette. The young girl was clueless about the fact that marriage alliances could easily be broken and that the Prince was way more interested in the eldest Stark girl. He had already expressed his desire to wed her but, the good King Robert denied him his will. Jamie also knew that once Robert died, if Sansa hadn't bloomed yet, Joffrey will break that betrothal and will marry her eldest sister. After hours and hours of lessons given by Tywin Lannister, Jamie had become a master in predicting the next move. Joffrey was a predictable lad, it was obvious that the odds weren't on Sansa's side. The Tully-traced beauty's chances of becoming Queen were slim, while the Stark-traced beauty's were enormous.

"What if you become Queen?" he tested the waters. Lilia gave him an odd look, which confirmed what the Kingslayer already knew. She didn't want the throne, she didn't want to sit beside her husband.