Chapter 9 | Snow and feathers

"Hey, sister! Get up!" Lilia said as she approached Sansa, getting glares from the table the ginger girl was sitting at. She could figure out that they didn't like her very much but the good part was that the feeling was mutual, so there wasn't much of a problem.

"Where are we going?" she asked as her most grumpy self. Now that Joffrey's attention was on something or on someone else, Sansa looked like someone had died. Lilia couldn't let her sister die of boredom, so she took some measures on her own. She pushed the girl's hand, who was completely confused.

"We're going to dance!" she stated cheerfully. She then looked at the Southerners, who looked at her in a strange way. "Do you want to join us?"

The hair weirdos, as Lilia had nicknamed them, looked at her awkwardly but, after being contaminated by Lilia's excitement, they stood up and followed her. And then, they all started to dance in the middle of the room, simply having fun like common girls because, at that moment, that was all they were.

The people stopped to look at them and, as they fooled around, King Robert couldn't help but look at Lilia and see his beloved Lyanna. Ned put his hand on his friend's shoulder and smiled sympathetically. They were both there the night Lyanna decided that if no one would dance with her, then she would do it on her own.

Cersei, on the other hand, was appalled by their behaviour. She didn't expect much from the Stark girls but once the southerners joined them, she started to question their level. And it was only until Myrcella joined them, that Cersei thought about stopping it. However, when her daughter joined them and had so much fun with the Stark girls, she smiled softly. She liked to see her children happy above everything else and she would do anything to get that happiness for them.

During the dance, Lilia stopped to appreciate the moment she had just created. Northerners and Southerners finally interacting with each other without privation or judgement. Pure happiness and fun like she had never seen during those past days. Her eyes landed on the King's Guard who had caught her eye the moment he had taken his helmet off in front of her. He glared at her, and damn... she was beautiful.

Jaime had heard from his sister all the complaints on Lilia Stark. How the King had humiliated her when he was speechless about the girl's beauty and how she was always so perfect at everything. He knew his twin was desperately trying to come up with some sort of flaw in the eldest Stark girl. He had never paid attention to her, he knew who she was, his nephew had been infatuated with her to the point of begging the King to let him marry her instead of her ginger sister, to which his Grace simply responded 'You are a fool who wouldn't know how to treat or what to do with a woman like that'. He could see why Robert and Joffrey were so amazed since the girl left him paralyzed for a few seconds. When their eyes met, it felt like slow motion. She was the northern beauty, just like her aunt. Her smile was as bright as the stars, her eyes were hypnotizing, and her lips were calls of the devil. She was perdition.

"Quite the beauty, right?" he heard his brother comment. He hadn't noticed him standing beside him. "I've spoken to her and our nephew isn't that foolish as we thought. Remember when you used to be infatuated with Lyanna's beauty and how you thought it was a good idea trying to convince father to marry her to you?"

"I was a boy back then" the knight tried to wash away that thought. He had given up almost instantly, and by that, he meant when he realized he loved his twin sister. "Things have changed, years have passed by and she buried in the under the floor we're standing on"

"Indeed, it was a tragic death... things really have changed. You became a King's Guard once Cersei confessed you her unhappiness to have you away from her" the imp was now trying to mess with his brother's head, who was losing his patience. "Well, you can still give up and live a normal, happy, life. Why don't you take your case to King Robert? The knight who gave up his promise for love. How beautiful... I L-O-V-E I-T!"