Chapter 2: Again, I'm not a pillow

Start from the beginning

So when I was forced to leave her behind my tiny heart broke, I promised to myself I would keep contacting her, but it was impossible, I barely had time to breathe let alone talk to my friends.

I miss her, her smile and her crazy attitude, it made her one of the most attractive girls in my world, still is, the idea I have of her is still of her eleven-year-old self, but it's quite impressive, with her blonde braids one of each side of the head and her chubby cheeks that I loved to pinch.

I want to find her while I'm back and I want to explain it all to her, show her how I still care, how I kept in caring even when I had no idea where she was or what she was doing. She was my best friend and I don't want to leave her in the dark anymore.

It's possible that she will push me away, and I will understand it, but I will fight for it, I'm stubborn, which if I'm not wrong, was one of the things she liked about me.

The plane was about to land in Gold Coast and with every mile, I got more anxious. Being back home meant being able to relax and fix what I once messed up.

Although getting my friends back is my biggest goal, the first thing I'll do once this big metal bird lands, is getting some salty water in my body and sand in my feet, I've been all around the world and no beach can be compared to the ones we have in Gold Coast. The sand is more golden and the water is clearer, even the breeze is softer and warmer.

As my eyes roamed my black notebook reading every verse I wrote about Katherine and every time I wrote her name in the corners of the pages as a way to keep me company when I was at the studio late at night, her name always made me feel peace.

"Cody?" Alli called me softly poking my arm.

"Yes?" I asked looking at her my eyes tired from just waking up - we all know the feeling.

"You're going to look for her, aren't you?" She inquired resting her head against my body.

Again, I'm not a pillow.

I looked down at her barely open eyes and smiled. She knew that Katherine meant a lot to me, not only because she was my second sister but also because along the way I let myself have feelings for her, not love though, I was only twelve back then, but defiantly something.

But that question made me think. Is it wrong for me to want to find her? Should I just leave her alone? Wouldn't that hurt her more? I get that she may hate me, I hate myself for leaving her, but there's always time to fix the past.

"Y-Yeah. Why?" I replied stuttering a little as my cheeks tinted red from embarrassment.

"I'll help you, she was my friend too, and I miss her, a lot," She told me smiling "I mean who else will I go shop with? Duh"

I rolled my eyes laughing quietly trying not to bother anyone on the plane and draped an arm around her kissing the top of her head. I have the best sister in the world, alright? Against facts, there are no arguments.

We were still squeezing each other when an annoying voice announced that we were landing in Gold Coast and that we needed to buckle up and get back to our seats.

I let her go and closed my eyes. I'm not giving up, I never do.

Katherine's P.O.V.

As the end of the classes came, I jumped off my seat and ran to my locker to leave any unnecessary books there. I was excited to finally have a day off, I've been craving it for a while now and I deserved it more than anything. Getting B in Algebra is not for everyone alright.