Gwen's Universe

"Miles I swear to god if you put one more sticker down." Gwen growled as she glared at the other spider. Miles shuffled slightly as he flipped the hood of his coat up.

"It's a little fun Gwen."

"She doesn't want you covering her universe in stickers. Is that bad?" Peter B stated from where he laid on the building. His right leg hung off the edge of the forty story building and he was lounging on the cement railing. Gwen rolled her eyes at the older man as she turned her attention back to the world below. Her universe was pastel in comparison to the others. The colors were cooler, almost comforting.

Miles plopped down beside her as he gazed over her city. It was calmer than his New York not as bright, but still just as busy. People talked softer, they were different. Peter moaned as he rolled on his side to look down at the people walking below. The lights were dimmer the atmosphere was cooler almost muted. It didn't seem to bother the others after all the stake out was going well.

"So do you really think your Fisk will come through here?" Peter questioned.

"I've been watching his goons go in and out of this building for the last few days. I don't trust it, it's like he's massing an army." Gwen pointed out as Peter sat up finally putting both his feet over the edge.

"So..." Miles stared, "are we going to talk about earlier?" Miles asked as Gwen flinched before pulling her hood over her face effectively hiding it.

"No." Gwen snapped as she pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Peter stared at her for a few moments before clearing his throat.

"I think that we deserve to know." Peter suggested as Gwen clenched her eyes shut.

"It has to do with my Peter." Gwen muttered. "They hate me because of my Peter." Gwen informed. "I save them day in and day out, but they still hate me. Because I couldn't save him and it's my fault."

"Hey! Peter's death isn't your fault." Peter B stated getting Gwen to look up at him. Peter got to his feet stepping over Miles and sitting beside Gwen. "You couldn't save him if he was already dying. And if what you told us before was true he was dying because of the chemicals. You did nothing wrong."

"They hate me Pete! They hate me and they try to arrest me because they think I killed him and there is no proof of anything else. Peter is dead because I couldn't see what he was turning into. I-" Gwen's spider sense went as a large black van pulled up to the building. She was immediately on her feet the moment that the large man stepped out of the van. Pulling her mask down, she leapt off the ledge of the building.

"Gwen, wait you shouldn't fight angry. Miles come on." Peter stated as he pulled his own mask on and Miles  shed his coat. The two followed after Gwen as they swung around the building finding the vent that she had pointed out earlier. The hatch was open and they quickly climbed inside. Miles climbed in first only to hear a grumble from Peter as he swung in after. The vents were twisting and turning and if Gwen hadn't taken them through it earlier, they would be lost beyond belief.

"No, Miles it was left." Peter snapped as Miles glanced at his mentor.

"She said right. I know she did." Miles reassured before continuing forward. Peter grabbed Miles' ankle yanking him backwards.  Causing the other spider to lose his balance, falling on the metal vent. A loud bang echoed around them and Peter winced, knowing that wasn't a good thing.

"Hey. Shut up." Gwen hissed from the right as Miles sent a knowing smile to Peter. The eyes on the suit narrowed as Miles started moving forward again, this time without any restraint. It only took him a few moments to get to Gwen and he slid underneath her getting her to yelp. "What are you doing?" She asked, looking between her arms where Mile's head was.