II

[Chapter 2: A Dance of Innocence]

~18 years old~

"Come on Ophie!" Marcus called upstairs to the very slow teenager, "At this rate you will be my age before you are ready for prom."

Ophelia rolled her eyes as she came down the stairs in her sleek off-the-shoulder red dress, a matching red coating her lips, "I'm ready Pops."

Marcus let out a playful groan while tapping the invisible watch on his arm. "I thought you would never be done, but you look gorgeous peanut. Now come on we have some pictures to take of you and Juliet."

Ophelia and Marcus walked into the living room where a grinning Delilah was waiting, "Oh honey you look beautiful."

"Thanks Mama." Ophelia smiled brightly, hugging the woman. She looked around searching for the littlest member of their family, "Now where is my little rascal."

"Here!" Juliet, her 7 year old sister called happily bouncing into the room from the kitchen. "You look so pretty sissy, like a princess."

"Why thank you." Ophelia did a tiny courtesy, almost falling over when she was startled by Delilah's phone flash.

"Oops," Delilah grinned goofily at her oldest daughter, she then held her phone back up and took another photo of the girls. Ophelia playfully rolled her eyes at her mother. "Now come on! I want pictures of you and Justin. He's outside, along with Mikayla and Clara."

Ophelia linked her hand with her younger sister, smiling at her gently, while pulling her outside. Ophelia whistled playfully upon seeing her best friend of eight years, "Who is that fucking hottie? Clara is one lucky girl."

"You look hot too bit-" Mikayla started before they were interrupted.

"Language." Delilah scolded, smacking Ophelia's head and shooting Mikayla a warning glare.

"Ouch! Okay Mama, watch the hair." Ophelia joked before turning to Clara, a girl who is soulmates with her best friend, "You look gorgeous CC."

"I told you not to call me that Ophie." Clara rolled her eyes, before she pulled the tall brunette in for a hug. "You look amazing as well."

"The nicknames stuck now." Ophelia grinned at her. Clara just rolled her eyes again, slightly shoving the girls shoulder. Ophelia pouted, rubbing her shoulder is mock pain. "Ouchies."

Ophelia's date, Justin, came behind the girl grabbing her waist and pulling her into him, causing Ophelia to jump slightly from shock, "Hey sweetheart."

Delilah's phone flashed as she took a picture of the young couple, grinning excitedly. "Don't mind me, just be cute!"

"Got it Ms. Moretti." Justin smiled charmingly before kissing Ophelia's cheek. Delilah squealed, snapping another photo. Marcus stared on at the scene in disdain, this boy was not fit for his little girl. Marcus doubted that her soulmates would even be good enough for his peanut. Delilah elbowed Marcus quickly, shooting him a glare, mouthing a "look happy". Marcus huffed but nonetheless put a huge fake smile on his face.

After a few hundred more pictures at Delilah's request, Ophelia was finally able to get away from her mom by complaining about being late to her senior prom. Delilah pouted but let the group all leave, taking pictures as they walked away together, laughing and smiling brightly. Justin grasped onto Ophelia's arm, pulling her towards his vehicle, so they could leave for the shore directly after prom ended. It was unknown now, but this young couple never would really make it to the shore that night, someone had a different idea.