Chapter 7 ~ Interference

Start from the beginning

“I’m sorry Toby, I’ll get out” she said then walked towards the door. I grabbed her close.

“Stop apologizing for everything” She looked into my eyes and I smiled. She smiled then left. I got dressed then fixed up my hair and put on some colon. My stomach growled. “I’m hungry”

I ran to the kitchen and saw Lindsey sitting on the counter.

“Hey Toby, I took the liberty to make you breakfast. You must be hungry. It’s on the table” I smiled when I saw the plate of food at the table. She also made me some coffee.

“Thanks Lindsey” She sighed in relief.

“Thank goodness, I thought you’d be angry with me. But you’re cool so…”

“If you would have burned my house down that’d be a different story” We laughed then I got to eating. She sat next to me and quietly drank her coffee as she heard music with ear buds. She was staring at her phone the whole time. I was so curious to what she was doing so I leaned closer to see. She looked at me and backed away. She took out her ear buds.

“Are you curious about what I’m doing?” she asked. I nodded and she giggled. “I’m reading a story… a really cute one at that so CHILL!”

I put my hands up innocently and she laughed. After eating I took my dishes to the sink and washed them. She sneaked up behind me.

“What are you going to do today?” she asked.

“I don’t really know… I want to just relax today. I have nothing planned”

“Oh okay then, I won’t be a bother to you so I’ll just go” she said as she got up from the table. I got up and quickly hugged her from behind. “Toby, what are you doing? I have to go”

“No, I want you here. Please don’t go…” She smiled.

“Toby, I- I don’t know what to say except” She turned and grabbed my hands. “Sure, I’ll stay”

“Good, now come with me” I dragged her to my work room where Gryphon was lying on the ground.

“Come here bubba” I said. He ran past me to Lindsey.

“Gryphon” She laughed as they both rolled around acting like maniacs. She rolled onto her stomach and looked at me with a smile.

“Get up from there, you crazy little nugget” She got up with a laugh and Gryphon pranced around like always. She sat next to me at my keyboard and sighed.

“You know I took a couple piano classes as a child… I might be a little rusty but I’ve never played since”

“Really, be my guest” I moved away a little and she cracked her knuckles.

“Let’s see what should I play. Oh, I got it” she placed her hands on the keys and played, soon she was singing.

“Let it go, let it go. Can’t hold it back anymore…” I smiled and listened attentively. It was a song I had never heard before but it was so beautifully played that I didn’t care about the name or the artist. “Let it go!”

She took her hands off the keys and looked at me.

“How did I do?” she asked softly.

“It was beautifully played. Rusty, yeah right” She giggled.

“Hm, I didn’t think I’d remember. It was the first song I ever learned how to play. I really liked Disney at the time, so I learned more children songs but I’m not going to play them now”

“Why not?” I asked. She smiled and crossed her arms.

“Because Toby, I don’t wanna and no is no” she said then got up and strutted out the door. She turned around and stuck her tongue out at me.

“It is war now” I got up and she shrieked then ran. I followed her all over and Gryphon helped by slowing her down. I cornered her in the kitchen. “You have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide”

“What are you going to do now?” she asked. I sat up on the counter. She sat next to me.

“I have no clue… I feel like I lost because you made me do exercise” I said. She jumped off then onto my lap.

“Why were you even chasing me?” she asked softly.

“I really don’t remember” She rested her head on my shoulder.

“Me neither” We were there for a moment when my assistant Clare called my name.

“Toby, who is this girl? And what is she doing on your lap?” Lindsey’s eyes went wide. She quickly jumped off and Clare held her by the shoulders. I sat up then jumped off the counter. Clare looked at me as if I was crazy.

“I’m sorry I better be going. I-” she ran to the living room and grabbed her bag. I ran after her and grabbed her arm.

“Toby” said Clare sternly. Lindsey sounded like she was in distress so I let go and she ran out the door to her car then drove off.