Chapter 3 ~ Problematic

Toby’s P.O.V

A very alarming sound made me stop playing. I looked over and saw her sound asleep, holding onto my arm. On the ground were her notepad and pencil. I smiled then realized I have no idea where she lives. I can’t drop her off which leaves me one choice, she has to stay.

I lied her down in my bed and smiled. I put her notepad and pencil on the table beside her. A smile was plastered on my face. Before leaving the room I looked back at her. It’s going to be a nice couple days. I turned out the light and closed the door.

“She loves the sound of the piano… I found that out today” I went to my living room to watch T.V. She answered my questions. *Who she was* She’s a girl with a big smile. For her report there’s only one, “who are you?” Boy, if I can’t answer that I’m more of an idiot than I thought.

Today was alright I guess. She’s caring but also carefree, or so I’ve seen. When I fell she was worried but her expression soothed when she saw Gryphon making me smile.

She’s very high maintenance as well. She treats me with respect, maybe too much. When she calls me Mr. Turner it makes me feel old, respect your elders. Ugh! Haha! Now that I remember I haven’t vlogged. I flipped out my phone.

“Audience wha- what are you doing still awake? You should be asleep, shame on you. Haha, anyway…” I went on and on talking about what I did today. All those freaking errands I had to do. I wanted to tell them what happened, I wanted to so badly but all I ended up saying was… “She helped me”

I ended my vlog with the usual boop but I went outside half of the vlog to do so because I wanted to say it loud. Even though it was freezing I had to be courteous. I ran back inside and huddled on the couch.

Early in the morning, at around five, a loud alarm went off. It sounded like it was very serious so I panicked and quickly went over to my room to check on her. She opened the door when I was about to enter and just stared at me.

“What are you-” I pulled her out the front door and she was terrified. “What happened? Let go, I’m going to be late, weirdo”

I was dragging her down the road, shirtless and scared. She stopped struggling and just crossed her arms. I finally set her down and she just looked at me oddly.

“Why’d you drag me a block away from your house, my stuff and my car?”

“Didn’t you hear that alarm? It sounded serious so I panicked and all I thought about was saving us” I said out of breathe.

“Aww, now I feel bad”

“Why is that?” I asked as we started walking back to the house.

“Because the sound you heard was my alarm to wake up to go to school” My eyes widened.

“Really? That’s what you wake up to, every morning” I was so surprised and stunned. She played with her hair nervously.

“Uh… yeah. It used to scare me but now it’s known as the usual”

“Now, what are you going to do? You can’t miss school. It’s my fault for letting you stay last night” I said feeling ashamed. She looked over at me and shook her head.

“You were being nice and I appreciate that, being that I just met you yesterday.  Thanks for letting a complete stranger stay the night under your roof” she said shyly. We stopped because we were here.

“You’re welcome. I just thought you were too nice to be woken up from a deep sleep” She smiled.

“Thank you, I really need to go home now” she said as she ran inside. She grabbed her bag and keys. She ran out the door yelling, “I’ll be back after school… if I can so don’t do anything interesting until I get back!!”