Chapter 2 ~ Meeting an Actor

Lindsey’s P.O.V

The next day was the usual. My days are always the same, no emotion, no excitement, and nothing new. I always wake up and rush to school. Then Vanessa fixes my hair, we play games in Drama class, have fun in Geography class. Then talk to our best guy friend in English. After that we separate to different classes then meet again at lunch with the rest of our friends. That’s it! Every single day, the same routine! But today… is different.

“Hey person who decided to email me for something important… J Anyway, an interview you say. Hm, I might be interested but I need to know what about.  Are you a girl or a guy? Just wondering… Anyway, give me such things you’re going to be interviewing me about and I’ll get back to you with some solid answers ~Toby Turner AKA Tobuscus”

I smiled to myself and Vanessa noticed.

“Why are you so happy all of a sudden?” She peeked through the door making the sound of screaming children even worse. I hate theatre students or these anyway. She sat down next to me in the backstage area and smiled as she lied back on the big pillow Mrs. Jackson has back here.

“You know how you told me to ask YouTubers for the interview?”

“Yeah”

“Well, one accepted, his name is Toby Turner” I told her about the interview as we walked out to our next class. I then realized I had no idea what the questions I’m going to ask him are. I was freaking out.

“Here, give me your bag and you go off to ask. I’ll make sure you’re not marked late” We did our friendship handshake and ran off in two separate directions. I jumped and kicked the giant doors open and bounced over to her desk where she was staring at me oddly. “Mrs. Jackson, about the interview what are the questions?”

“You actually found someone?! I mean, that’s great! Since you found an actor I want you to follow them around experience the life of a real actor. Do tell them though. Don’t want a problem with the cops. Ask them some serious questions and explore them too. For example, what do producers look for when auditioning? Or how to stay in shape and stuff like that,”

“Hm, okay Mama Jay. I’ll have you a report by the end of the semester”

“I don’t doubt that” I smiled and ran out of the classroom. I took out my phone and quickly replied to his email.

Hello Mr. Turner, I have a little issue with our meeting. Do you mind if I take a moment of your time to talk to you in person? Maybe, we could work something out, it is very important but if you don’t have time I understand L

“Send” I put my phone away and a second later it rang. I looked at it and it was a response from him.

“Hello girl or guy whose name I do not know. I think it would be fantastic if we met up somewhere. I’m in town today running some errands maybe we could meet at a Starbucks. I’m in the mood for coffee.”

“You’re going to meet up with him?” she asked. Ding! I looked at her and felt my cheeks burning. There’s the Starbucks he wants to meet up at. I looked at the address over and over again.

“Oh, that’s just down the block” I said. She hit me.

“Can I go with you?”

“Ow, no! This is strictly professional and I don’t need you to be fan girling in the background” I scowled.

“Fine, fine… but you better go now or else you’ll never catch him” she said. I got in my car and quickly drove off to Starbucks. When I got there I grabbed my bag and went inside. I ordered a caramel Frappuccino and while I waited I decided to send Toby an email.