°°11°°

~King Caspian~

"What do you think it does?" She could see the wonder dancing in his eyes like the leaves on a windy morning. The odd shaped crystal shimmered brightly, displaying an array of colors, drawing any curious soul to it like a moth to a flame.

Peter and Edmund quietly strode around the strange room, observing the magical objects put on display all around them.

"According to this..." Reina's attention was turned to Lucy, who came walking toward them with a rather large book held in hand. She felt that something was wrong, like she should keep her eye on Caspian. And she did. Boy, was that a mistake. "It enduces your deepest desires—"

"Captain, NO!" She ran towards him just as his hand reached for the crystal. When his finger touched its light spectrum, his entire body stiffled. Then his widened obsidian eyes flashed blue and a powerful blast sent Reina flying backwards and crashing to the floor.

"Captain?" Reepicheep was the first one on the unconscious man's side, trying to shake him back to life. The others followed, praying that their leader hadn't fallen for good. "Captain, wake up!"

"Caspian!" Lucy tapped his cheeks, checking for a pulse and sighed in relief when she found it. But she was still in panic mode as the rest of them. "Wake up!"

Reina groaned in pain as she slowly propped herself up on her elbows, watching the others tend to Caspian. She noticed someone's boots by her side before that person knelt down beside her and a hand wrapped itself around her forearm to help her up, "Reina, are you alright?"

It was Edmund, she realized. But she couldn't bring herself to look away from the Captain, who laid lifeless on the ground and Lucy's tearful gaze fixated on him. Of all the horrors she's seen here, this had to be the scariest.

"Caspian, please wake up!" Lucy's eyes showed the fear Reina felt inside her heart. She glanced at everyone, breathing in and out and yelled, "Don't just stand there! How do we fix this?!"

"I'll look into it." said the rather large mouse before he ran over to the book Lucy had been holding moments ago. Edmund helped Reina to her feet and dusted off the dirt on her back. He didn't question her or even utter a word when she limped to Caspian and dropped on her knees.

"Wake up, Captain." she softly said while putting her hand on his forehead to check his temperature. Her heart was racing as she looked for any signs of injuries, but found none. His pulse was strong, which was good, meaning that they don't have to deal with any physical problems. "Captain."

He didn't wake up. Reina felt her throat clog at the sight. She wasn't used to seeing him so out of it. He's usually full of sunshine and mischief, the one who made everyone smile. It wasn't like him to be this quiet. And that scared her.

"Cass." she called him out, brushing the stands of hair away from his face, wishing to see his obsidian eyes on her again. Lucy glanced at her, knowing that she too was worried because she rarely called him by his name. She wiped the tears away from her eyes, but only for more to take their place. "Caspian, c'mon, don't do this to us."

Reina wasn't sure what to do in this situation. Nor was she aware that her voice jolted the Captain's dreams to life.

"Caspian..."

Her voice was soft. Alluring, as usual. He followed it as it lead him into the light. Squinting his eyes, he blinked to take a look at his location. And boy, was he surprised.