Chapter 4

She could not sleep last for the memories haunted her, although all she could really remember was that she was afraid, terribly afraid. The terrors of last night were eating her sanity away like maggots to a dead body, She thought and thought of why she actually went to the bathroom when she had a towel in the kitchen, why would she go up the stairs to the bathroom which was across the hall; much further away than the kitchen. Then she realised she was not doing the moving at all because she has spilt her drink numerous times, well when she was little but unusualy she went to the bathroom this time , not the kitchen!

*

8:00 AM in the morning, she dragged herself out of bed and ran passed the bathroom with ease, then progressed down the stairs. She grabbed out the cornflakes and poured a bowl, her hand was still shaking as Elsa thought about the previous events, and somehow she managed to get the milk out of the white wash fridge without dropping it all over the floor. Katherine walked in with a smile on her face. “How was your sleep?” She asked with a smirk. Elsa turned to her mother and screamed her mum had the face of the man except it was all wrinkly and battered. Katherine’s usual blue eyes turned to a pail white and begun to glow red! Elsa quickly dropped her bowl on the floor and reached for the large knife that was lying on the bench. She wielded the knife in one hand and on the other; she clenched it to a fist. She repeatedly stabbed right through her mother yet her hand went right through as well. How could she regain her sanity if she could not kill the beast? As she drew her hand back once more, the figure she called her mother disappeared into the thin air. As she watched the figure disappear Elsa dropped to the floor in a feeble position crying and letting the small puddles grow. From the noise erupting from the kitchen, the real Katherine walked in with a shock. “Elsa my baby, what’s wrong?” Katherine dropped to white tiled the floor with her and raised her up on her feet. Elsa did not reply for she was still wimping, she looked up at her mother and cried into her hands. As Elsa was distracting her mother, she reached to the bench where the knife was, and took it behind her back. Katherine was still staring down at her daughter, with a blank look, she did not know what had happened to her, and she was not ready to ask. Elsa drew the knife and put it straight into her mother’s stomach, as Elsa felt the blood draw; she took the knife out and watched her mother drop to the floor in pain. Katherine applied pressure to her stomach trying to hold the blood in but it continued to pour out. With a gasp Elsa dropped the knife and rushed over to the phone; she began to dial 911. “Hello this is Courtney speaking, what is your emergency?” Elsa trembled under fear that the phone call was not true either. “Uh-mm I j-just s-stabbed my m-m-mum.” Elsa said as she cried into the phone.