I quickly stand to my feet with her arm still in my hand, pushing her in the process. She trips over her long dress, falling hard on her back. She looks at me through the pieces of hair that came out of her now less than perfect braided crown with a scared but furious facial expression, as if she's about to get up and whip the living day lights out of me. But I don't care. I let go of her arm, and grab my tall candle with the wick burning as I hold it up in front of me in an attempt to bluff.

"Where are my parents?"

She gives me a terrifying grin as she starts to laugh hysterically, filling the quietly tense room with her conniving laugh. I tilt my head at her strange reaction, my eyes not wavering from the fury of the moment.

"I'm guessing that Vicky told you?" She asks, trying to stop herself from laughing any further.

I nod my head at her obvious question, my hands shaking with every movement I make. Her laugh gets louder as she stands to her feet, keeping her distance from me and my candle.

"Your parents are dead, Lily." She says in a dark tone with great pleasure.

My heart drops and tears start to burn my eyes.

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" I assert, walking closer to her with the little flame.

"I'm not, dear. They really are... dead."

"You killed them!" I say, desperation becoming present in my voice.

"Aw boohoo, how dare I?" She laughs, putting a hand on her hip.

I step back as she steps in, now realizing the dark heart this woman has. She snatches the candle and burns my lower arm as I screech in utter horror. The pain seeps through my forearm, making it go further and further.

Suddenly, the door flings open with a startled looking Fredrick behind it.

"FREDRICK!" I scream, trying to get away from her grip.

He jumps on top of Madia and blows out the candle, pinning her to the ground. The Queen struggles under his strength as she tries to push herself out from under him.

"GO LILY!" He cries, pushing her harder to the floor.

"I can't just leave you here!" I say as tears stream down my face.

"GO! I'll be fine as long as you are!"

I spot the forever rose in the corner and swipe it from the floor as I stumble to my feet and bolt out the door. I run up the steep staircase, and sprint out as fast as I can, but I quickly notice a pair of guards on my tail. One runs into my room, and the other is right behind me.

I run past the Hall of Royals, and eventually end up in the back of the castle where there aren't any remaining guards to capture me.

He follows me through the darkness until I'm out of sight when I run behind a large pillar. I then make my escape through the metal gates as he yells at me to "Stop in the name of the Queen!" He jumps the gate and follows me into the crowd with the look of determination plastered on his rough face. The towns people are celebrating Fredrick's coronation for tomorrow, which is perfect for me because I can blend in.

He spins around, searching every corner he can. I dash into an alley that leads to the back of the town, making sure to be discrete.

The guard is long gone as I keep running to Mincy and Jack's house, the pain in my arm barely comparing to the inner pain in my chest. My parents are gone. There's no way I will ever be able to meet them, or embrace them. Fredrick is now in trouble because of me. I need to help him. Even if I get killed for it. I fall to my knees in pain, placing my hands over my chest as a blood curdling scream escapes my lips. Noise is nowhere to be heard as I yelp in utter anger and frustration.

I then start to see a blurry light coming my way as I fall to the ground in my own emotional and physical weakness, feeling completely defeated.

Author's Note:

Hello Lovelies! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I apologize for these cliff hangers, but they need to happen. 😂😭 Don't be shy to let me know what you thought of it! You can totally beat up Madia in the comments if you wish.

A HUGE thank you to my editor, Familyluv4 !                                                                           
Go follow her because she is super awesome and an amazing editor and writer!

As always, remember that you are lovely and to let it shine each and every day!

~Love