Chapter 1

Darkness is all I know. I don't know what I did to deserve this but I'm sure I did nothing. How could I do anything in a small room with no window and a door that never opens?

My only friend escaped long ago he tried to take me too but we could not get my cell door open. I told him to go without me. He did ,but also swore he would find a way to get me out. His name was Sirius Black.

He was put in here for a crime he didn't do, maybe I was too. I had another friend too he was here only for a short time his name was Hagrid.

He was twice the size of a normal man with a brown beard, he was really nice and was also put in here for something he did not do. Which just gave me more hope that that's the reason I'm here too.

My thoughts are interupted by a man shoveing my food through a slot in my door. I grab the tray and start to eat, food is a precious thing around here your lucky if you get it.

I reach under my bed and grab the metal peice I broke off my bed I use it draw a big tree in my stone wall. I have never seen one before but sirius told me about them, about how they drift in the wind and provide shade on hot days.

I soon fall asleep and start dreaming about trees. I am awaken by voices outside my cell door.

I sit up and see a old man with a white beard talking to a man I have seen walk by my cell before. They continue to whisper then the man I've seen before nodds and opens my cell door and the man with the beard steps in then he shuts the door.

"Sorry if I woke you." he says I sit up and shake my head

"I am Albus Dumbledore, do you have a name?" he asks

"Lilah." I whisper because I don't use my voice that much.

"Hello Lilah, I am the headmaster of Hogwarts school of whitch craft and wizardry and I would like you to attend the school" He looks at me with careing eyes then says "Would you like to attend?"

"What will I do at your school?" I ask

"Learn magic. You are a few years behind but I'm sure I can find someone to help you catch up." he says

"Learn magic." I repeat

"Yes are a witch, now will you be coming with me back to Hogwarts or would you rather stay here?" he asks

"Y-You mean leave here?" I ask and he simply says yes

"You can take me away from here?" I ask he says yes again

"I'd like to go with you if that's okay with you?" I say and he smiles

"Okay are you ready to go?" I nodd and take one last look at all the things I've drawn on the walls.

"I like your drawings." he says

"Thank you." I say and stand up

"When are we leaving?" I ask

"Now if you like." he says

"Yes, please." I say

"Okay but you will need to put these on your eyes have never seen the sun before so it will take some time for them to get use to the light" he says and hands me a pair of sun glasses.

"Sun glasses?" I say

"Yes." he says and gives me a puzzled look

"A friend told me a lot about the world and the things in it but he has been gone for a long time." I say

"I'm sorry." he says

"Don't be, he's in a better place." I say and smile he probly thinks I mean he's dead but he's not I know he's not, he's free and now I will be too. I put the glasses on.

"Hold on to my arm please." he says so I lightly grab his arm "A little tighter if you will." I squeeze tighter

"Hold on." he says and I feel a pull in my stomach every thing starts to fade. I close my eyes and it feels like I'm being squeezed and lifted off my feet. My feet hit ground again and I slowly open my eyes.