Chapter 7

I awake to Hermione poking my shoulder and whispering my name.

"Sorry, I didn't know how to wake you and it's time to get up so I- I poked you." She says

"It's okay thanks for waking me." I say and get up and go though my trunk. I get some cloths that match Hermione's, which I'm assuming is the uniform, but instead of wearing a skirt like Hermione I'm wearing shorts because I hate skirts.

I go into the bathroom and open one of the many doors and find a small room with a shower. I set my clean cloths down and take off my pajamas and get in. The water was hot and the soap smelled like fruit, I smiled.

This was so much better than the showers in Azkaban. That shower used cold water and the soap had no smell and was in a really small room with the toilet, the room would only appear if I needed it. I didn't know if the other prisoners had bathrooms I don't think they did and it would explain why they smell so bad and look so horrible.

I step out of the shower and put my cloths on and go back to my trunk and to find a brush. After I find one I brush my hair.

"Hey Lilah!" Hermione says

"Yeah?" I say

"Do you want me to dry your hair?" she asks

"You would do that?" I ask back, shocked by the friendly offer.

"Of course." She says

"Well...um yeah if its not to much." I say

"It's no problem." She says and grabs her wand and comes up behind me. She says a spell and my hair dries instantly.

"Thanks." I say

"Your welcome, I learned that spell a few years ago its a life saver." She says. "Are you ready for breakfast?"

"Oh yeah." I say and look at my bed there is a note that wasn't there just a minute ago. I pick it up read it and hand it to Hermione.

"Looks like your schedule," She pauses then says "and it's the same as mine."

She hands me the note back and smiles. I put in in my trunk and follow Hermione down stairs and to the great hall. The entire time she tells me about our classes and the professors, and which professors to look out for.

After a week of being at the school my hair looked a hundred times healthier and I had a small tan from spending so much time outside.

Hermione and I enter the great hall and sit in front of Harry and Ron. Harry smiles at me and I feel myself blush as I smile back, so I look down.

Hermione was going over the schedules with Ron and Harry was just listening and so was I. Then Hermione takes a bite of her foot and Ron says

"So your eating again."

"Yes, because I decided that there are better ways to stand up to elf rights." Hermione replies

"Yeah and you were hungry." Ron says and Hermione glares at him, I noticed she did that a lot to him.

I was about to say something when there was a loud noise and owls started flying into the room and dropping to stuff to kids. I look across the table at Harry he was smiling at me.

"What?" I ask

"You jumped when the owls came." He says

"Oh well they scared me." I say

"I could tell." He says still smiling.

Then he started looking up at the owls looking a little worried.