1 | Identities

A/N: First chapter. Vote & comment if you enjoy! Let me know what you think!

SUSPECTED • Chapter One: Identities

Violence and other conflicts were never a problem in Gotham. Although chaos was common, absolute chaos was a bit rarer.

Robin could definitely say that tonight was one of those nights.

Another Arkham breakout. They were usually pretty bad, but this time it was ten times worse. The inmates had most likely been intensely planning for quite some time. The streets were littered with police cars, their lights flashing, cops pouring out with their weapons.

Robin did not even know what he was doing at this point. Batman was nowhere in sight, probably trying to solve the issue on the spot. After all, they didn't have much time to prepare or to react.

It was a disaster. Heavy on the dis.

At that point, all he could do was try to fend off the nearest villain. But making that move was difficult; he heard Joker's cackle to his left, and the presence of someone else to his right. There was no way he'd be getting out of there with scratches and bruises.

And that's exactly what happened. Dick Grayson, sitting on the medical bed, was pouting like a child, despite being sixteen years old.

He'd already been patched up and Bruce ordered him to get some rest, but Dick was in too much pain to do so. Dick had taken some heavy hits from a couple villains and so had Bruce. The night went horribly. And the worst? Several cops were injured in the process, 3 Gotham villains were on the loose because they had failed to be imprisoned, and Commissioner Gordon had been put out of commission. Dick didn't even know how he was doing at that point-- the guy was sent straight to the hospital.

The best part... he had school tomorrow. He'd have to make another excuse as to why he'd wince every time he moved and lightly limped every time he walked. However, he couldn't take a day off. Protecting his identity was more important.

Dick could feel his eyelids beginning to droop and his back beginning to hunch. But he was too tired to move. So instead, he fell asleep. Sweaty, hair a total mess, and covered in dirt dust and grime.

Waking up, Dick knew it was going to be a terrible day.

He had to leave for school in 20 minutes because he had forgotten to set his alarm. It seemed as though no one ever woke him up or moved him from the medical bed because he was still in the same place as the night before.

Dick rushed up to his room as fast as possible, passing Alfred in the hallway.

"Alfred!" He yelled. "Could you not have woken me up last night? I'm gonna be late!"

The dapper man stopped in his tracks, and turned to face the boy. "I did try, Master Richard. You wouldn't budge."

Dick sighed, knowing that arguing wouldn't help, and rushed to his room.

He took the quickest shower of his life, ignoring the burning pain from his wounds, and did his best to look presentable in 20 minutes.

Looking in the mirror, dressed in his school uniform, he couldn't help but cringe. There were dark circles under his eyes, probably from lack of sleep due to patrol, and there was a line of dirt on the side of his face that he'd missed in the shower. There was also a cut on his chin that had started to bleed again, and it was clearly obvious that he had a sore arm and back by his posture.