When he was at the junction of her legs, he blew on the patch of hair there while placing her knees over his shoulders. Then he spread her open with his fingers and licked her from bottom to top, stopping to softly bite her clitoris. She tightened her thighs making him smile again. It didn't matter how much she'd changed. She was still his Emilia. And he was still the only man who had ever been with her this way.

Using his mouth, tongue and fingers, he brought her to the peak and reveled in the way she cried out his name. Releasing her legs from his shoulders, Max got up and started undressing. He'd taken off his coat and shoes when someone knocked on the door. He stood his ground wondering whether he should open the door or not. His wife was laid out bare in front of him. He could see her sex still glittering from the orgasm he just gave her. Who on earth had the nerve to disturb them at that moment?

"Who is it?" he asked approaching the door. From his peripheral vision he saw Emilia propping herself up with her elbows. The only thing he could think of was that the person on the other side had a death wish.

"It's me Sir. You have a phone call"

"Calvin?" he asked opening the door a crack and peeping out "Since when are you my secretary?"

"I'm not. But since your son couldn't reach his mother, Miss Thea called me demanding to talk to Mrs. Carter"

"Couldn't you have told her she was busy?"

"I can say that anytime but not when it comes to young Mr. Carter, sir"

"Give me that damn phone" Max snatched it away from him then added "Tell everyone to leave. I'm sure they all have better things to do than spend their time eating and drinking in my house"

"Yes s..." he closed the door on his face then turned to face Emilia saying,

"You forgot to call Zander" to which she laughed "What is so funny?"

"The fact that you're angry because our son interrupted us. We should have another baby so you'd know how annoying it is when a newborn interrupts your sleep for months consecutively"

"Talk to him before I break this phone" he handed her the phone and went back to undressing.

"Hey baby, isn't it too late for you to still be up?" she asked smiling. Her jovial mood was infectious. He couldn't continue being grumpy when she was so happy. "No, I'm okay sweetheart. I'll put you on speaker so you can talk to your dad"

"Why?" Zander asked from the other end.

Settling beside her, he grabbed the phone "Because I'm your father and want to know how you are"

"I'm okay. Especially because aunt Thea doesn't force me to eat those awful vegetables"

"And I do?"

"Yes. You nag me all the time about eating healthy food so I won't get sick. It's annoying"

Emilia snorted. Turning to look at her, he realized she was trying not to laugh "What? Do you agree with him?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. You're obsessed with eating healthy foods that sometimes it's plain annoying"

"Are you two ganging up on me now?"

"How is the party mom? Did Saw and Hendricks come?" Zander asked changing the subject. Which was the smart thing to do. He knew that if they kept arguing he might not be able to demand any games in the future.

"Yes, but they didn't stay long. Papa Jen wasn't feeling well"

"Okay. And is TC there too? He promised to..."