He sighed. "Rin, it isn't as easy as you think. Regardless of what anybody thinks, I am still the crowned prince. You might think it's rude but, in my society, we must still act according to our social class. It just so happened that Lisa is beneath mine."

I felt saddened hearing that. Didn't that mean that I was also beneath him? I understood what he meant, but that didn't make me feel any better.

"That makes sense," I finally said.

"Besides, didn't you want to keep this our relationship a secret?" he asked. "One way to stop someone from asking questions is to ignore them."

"I don't think it works like that," I said with a frown. "That just makes people more suspicious."

He shrugged. "What Lisa thinks is the least of my worries."

"How much free time do you have today?" I asked, trying to change the subject. "Do I just have you for a couple of hours or the whole day?"

"As of right now, I'm yours," he replied.

"Okay. Good. Then, let's go ice-skating. They have a rink on the first floor."

"You know how to ice-skate?"

"No, but I think today is a good day to learn. Besides, it's either that or staying here in this very awkward and uncomfortable silence."

Alexander smiled apologetically. "Alright. I'll teach you."

There was a short line at the ice-skating rink. Alexander got us our skates and led me onto the ice. I was latched on to him. My legs were stiff. It also didn't help that I wasn't dressed. appropriately.

"Rin," he said, swallowing down his laughter. "You have to relax."

"Shut up," I grumbled.

I tightened my grip on him. A child raced past us like this was second nature to him.

"See, if a human child can do this, you can too."

I shot a glare at Alexander. "He has nothing to do with me," I told him.

"You wanted to do this. So, as your instructor, I'm telling you to relax and stop holding onto me."

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that what you want?" I asked. "I'll stop touching you completely."

He gave me a look. "That's not what I meant." He grabbed my hands and pried them off of him. "Alright, let's practice standing."

He eased away but kept hold of my hands. I was locked in place.

"Breathe," he reminded me.

I took a deep breath and tried to unlock my joints. My knees trembled.

"Here." Alexander grabbed my elbows. "I'm going to teach you how to fall first."

"Falling is the last thing I want to do," I told him.

"You need to learn how to fall so you don't hurt yourself."

"Or," I said, "you can just hold on to me and we, meaning you, skate us around the rink. I think that's a better suggestion."

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to use this as an excuse."

"I don't need an excuse to touch you," I muttered.

"That sounds tempting but I think it'll be better for you to learn."

This was a bad idea. It was two hours of embarrassment and pain. Alexander would bump into me from time to time and I was supposed to fall properly. I think that was just his excuse for being mean. At some point, I did manage to fall properly a few times in a row so I was upgraded to holding on to the rail as skated.