CHAPTER 5

(Scarlet's prov.)

          I was just about to shoot but I had to get the door. I had my sleeves up and you could tell that they were cut and bloody. When trytrying trying to get the door I tried pulling them down. The sleeves would not come down.

         I opened the door to see Dean there. I stood there behind the door so he couldn't see my wrist. He asked "Can I come in please? I need to talk to you." I said " ummm sure." I let him in and closed the door. I finally got the sleeves to come down. it was to late though. Dean already saw the blood and cuts.

            Dean started to staring at me. It looked like there were tears in his eyes. He asked "why?" I said "please don't say anything I know your going to tell the rest of the jocks. Then you and the rest of the jocks will call me an emo."  God he is so beautiful. Dean started to cry now. I asked " why are you sad? You don't even know me."

               He came up to me and said "Just because I don't know you doesn't mean I don't care." My heart just melted. The way he said it was so sexy. Wait but he is a jock that means he doesn't care. "How did you get my address?" I asked. " Bailey gave it to me."

            He stopped walking until we were face to face. "please just leave." I said. " How about I stay here and get to know you". Dean said. " Just please leave. You interrupted me anyways." I said. "What did I interrupt?" he asked. "Me escaping this hurricane." I said crying.

               Dean didn't even hesitate he kissed me. I kissed back and then we catched our breathe. He said "How about I go get some bandages real quick and help you out." "fine but you have to leave afterwards. I can't let my parents see you." I lied. My parents left me when I was thirteen years old. I have been home alone ever since. my aunt comes every now and then with food but that's only once a week.

              Dean agreed and helped me with the cuts. He put alcohol on the wound and it burned so bad. I screamed and then he kissed me on the cheek. He finally put the bandage on and I was clean. He then kissed me one last time on the lips for the night.

           Dean went and checked the house for guns and blades he took all of them. Well that's what he thinks. I have a blade in my pocket and a gun in the basement. Dean left right after and said I will give this back whenever I can trust you."

                I went to bed right after he left. I kept on thinking what will happen on Monday. All the jocks are going to make fun of me. Dean will probably call me a slut. Arbia is probably going to make him bully me. I actually liked Dean, I don't want to be bullied by him.

           THE NEXT DAY -

         I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock on my phone. I went and turned it off. There was a text from Bailey it said " Hey girlie... Miss you I'm coming over... I will be there at 10:00 am." I looked at my clock it was 9:55 am. Only five more minutes until she is here.

          I went and put my hair in a messy bun. I didn't feel like fixing it. Plus we are probably going to go shopping later. She will want to do my hair and makeup. She loves doing my hair. She always gets mad when I say I'm going to cut it.

           I heard a car come in the driveway so I went outside. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the house. She looked confused. She saw that my eyes were puffy from crying this morning. She asked "whats wrong?"

          " Dean came over last night and he  was making out with me. I'm just scared since he is a jock if he will call me a slut too."  I said. Bailey came over and gave me a hug. She said "I need to talk to you about something asap."

         "Okay. what?" I asked. " I saw the blood in the bathroom. I saw the blade right by your sink. why? " she said. The one thing that I didn't want her to know. How could I not have known she was going to ask me about it.

           I started crying into her shoulder. " Dean saw my cuts and he took all the blades and guns. I was going to end it but he stopped me. He won't give it back to me until he trust me. I didn't want you to know. I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I cried into her shoulder.

           She started crying and said "How about I get his number and us three go hang out." He is a jock though, he probably just used me to get someone jealous." I said. " He wouldn't do that. He seems like a sweet guy. He was so concerned about you last night." Bailey said.

           Somehow Bailey got Dean's number and texted him.

          To: Dean

        From: Scarlett

       Hello this is Bailey and she told me about her cutting and what happened last night. I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out with us."

        She sent the text. Almost immediately he texted back

                      To:Scarlett

                   From: Dean

          Sure thing!  Meet me at the outlet mall :)

       I had the biggest smile on my face. Bailey did my hair and makeup. It didn't take long since my I just put foundation and powder on and mascara. she flat ironed my hair. it only took two minutes to do my hair and five minutes to do my makeup and get dressed.

          Bailey drove to the mall and Dean was at the food court by the doors. He gave me the biggest hug and kissed me. "Dude I just met you. Please don't kiss me." I said. Bailey started laughing. " Sorry but your just to unresistible." Dean said giving me a wink.