Chapter 6

There was a knock on the door about seven the next morning. Chibs opened the door and leaned in to tell Kozik that they needed to go. He told me that breakfast was ready.

Kozik got up and grabbed his kutte, heading for the door. Chibs stepped in and closed the door so that we were alone. I noticed that he locked it.

I stood up and he closed the distance between us. He reached out for me and rested one arm around my waist. The other arm rested on the small of my back. My hands rested on his chest. "We gotta take care of this shite with the Irish," he told me.

"I understand. Just come back in one piece," I replied.

"I promise, Cordy. Can I have a kiss before I go?"

"Um, no. I want to talk about whatever this is, when you get back," I told him, stepping out of his embrace.

He frowned, "I'm guessin' you want it to stop?"

"Yeah. The more I think about it, the more it just doesn't feel right."

"Alright, love."

"Stay safe out there."

He left without another word and I waited a few minutes before I went out to go get breakfast. I made sure to wait until I couldn't hear anymore Harley engines before I came out. I ate with Tara and the kids, avoiding Gemma.

I dealt with my trash and went back to my room to shower. I turned my music on just before I got inside. What I listen to while I work is very different from what I listen to while I'm relaxing.

I sang along quietly to "Mamma Mia" as I washed my hair. Gemma was sitting in my room when I walked out, wrapped in a towel. "Can I help you?" I asked.

"I hear you let Kozik sleep in here again," she said.

"Yeah? So? He slept on couch, as evidenced by that pillow and blanket. For the second morning in a row he was found there," I replied, rolling my eyes.

She stood up and got in my face. "I just want to make sure you're not screwing around with anyone you shouldn't be."

"And who would you prefer that I be screwing around with?" I asked. "I'm not a child anymore Gemma. You and I both know that I'm more than capable of making my own decisions about my love life."

"You could go back to screwing the sheriff. That would be helpful for the Club," she teased.

David Hale was my first love. We were the worst kept secret in Charming.

I had a smart ass response that Gemma could screw Unser, but I thought better of it. I wasn't going to rise to the taunt.

"Is that really all you came in here to tell me?" I asked, still holding onto my towel.

"No. You're on lunch duty. Don't burn yourself this time," she replied before turning and leaving.

I got dressed and rolled my eyes as I thought about what Gemma had said.

She had me making pasta with Alfredo sauce for lunch. I turned on my music and hummed along. Occasionally, I'd sing a little bit under my breath.

I made lunch without incident. Once everything was cleaned up, I was doing makeovers again. That's where I was when the boys came back. I was relieved to see all of them walk through the door. I finally relaxed a little bit.

Opie came by and whispered in my ear, "We think we're in the clear. One more night, and then everyone can go in the morning." I nodded and kept working.

Later that night after dinner, I was sitting outside by myself near the fire. Bobby was playing his guitar and it was actually something I knew... I started singing under my breath. He stopped and I looked up.