Chapter 3

We fell asleep not long after that, only to be woken up a few hours later when the light got turned on. "Wow. I don't know if you two are brave or stupid," Gemma commented, crossing her arms.

"He slept on the couch. Let it go," I replied, sitting up in bed. "It's not like that."

"Uh huh," she replied. "You can tell me what it is like while we're making breakfast."

I got up and put my hair up. "Go back to sleep Kozy. One of us should get our beautyrest", I said through a yawn, as I turned off the light and followed Gemma out into the hall.

I hadn't even gotten the stove on before I was getting the third degree. "So how long has that been going on?"

"There's nothing going on. He's my friend," I replied.

She snorted, "Who wants to get into your pants."

"Well if he does, his technique sucks." I snorted.

A little while later, while Gemma was out, and while I was cooking a batch of bacon, Juice wandered in. He was wearing sweatpants that were slung low on his hips and a wifebeater. I had to turn away so he didn't see me blush. "Is there anything I can do to help?" he asked.

"Um, try this," I offered him a piece of bacon. "It's still hot."

"Ow! You're not kidding!" He said, putting it in his mouth to get it out of his hand. "Great!" He grinned and gave me a thumbs up.

I giggled. "Good! Do you want some coffee?"

"I got it. You're busy. You want any?" he asked.

"Sure. My cup is there," I nodded to the green mug on the counter. "Are you guys here for the day or does Clay have something else planned?"

He picked my mug up off the counter and poured some more coffee in it. "Cream, no sugar, right?"

"Yes sir," I nodded. "Thank you," I smiled when he put my mug down within reach.

"So far, I think it's shaping up to be a quiet day," he said. "What are your plans for the day?"

I hummed as I transferred the bacon into a warmer that caterers use. "After I clean up breakfast? I'm sure I'll be pressed into service to help with lunch. What I'd like to do, is work on a couple bikes."

"Maybe if I help clean up, and get some of the Prospects to help, we'll get done quicker," he offered.

"I'd really appreciate that."

Gemma came back into the kitchen, eyeing both of us. "It's a little early for you to be up," she told Juice.

"Oh, I couldn't sleep. And then I smelled bacon, so I decided to see if I could help," Juice explained.

"Uh huh," she replied.

Chibs was the next person to walk into the kitchen. He was wearing plaid sleep pants and a black t shirt. He was also wearing his glasses. "Good morning, all. Lass," he added, looking at me.

"Morning," I smiled. "Coffee?"

"That what be lovely," he replied.

I turned and grabbed a mug out of the cabinet. I poured him a cup and slid it over to him, knowing he takes it black. "How'd you sleep?"

"Fine enough. You?"

"Fine. Just not long enough," I yawned. "What should I start next, Gemma?"

"Pancakes," she replied, turning on the griddles.

"Juicy, why don't you go help Gemma set up out in the main room," Chibs suggested.

"Yeah," he nodded and walked out of the kitchen.