Chapter 24

Rafael POV

She looked so frightened and afraid. I felt her arms tightened around me as if she's afraid to let me go or I'm going to slip away. "W-What?" She merely whispered clutching tightly onto me with scared eyes. Fear was evindent in her eyes as fresh tears spring to her cheek. "What happened?" She sniffles not once breaking her hold on me. I stood up with her and sat on the lake bank holding her on my lap.

^^^^^^^^^^ FIRST FLASH BACK^^^^^^^^

"Honey come here, come pass me this case." My mom called from the kitchen, I ran in there smiling at her large swollen tummy that I still don't understand. She told me my sister was in there confusing me more, I hugged her legs. Being seven didn't give me the advantage of height instead I was barely able to reach her knee and thigh.

"Thanks baby." She said kissing my forehead. I giggled as her soft lips pressed against my forehead tickling me. "Stop mommy, it tickles." She laughed hugging me holding me above the ground. "Mummy put me down, dad said you must not list weight and I'm heavy." I told her wriggling from her hold.

"Ok Mr protector." She smile putting me down. I heard a loud cry as she placed me down. She hugged her belly and cried. The maids rushed in with wide eyes looking frantic. "Quick we need to take her to the hospital." The head maid said rushing to my mother side holding her up.

Everwhere they touched she cried out begging us to get the baby out of her. Fifteen minutes we reached the hospital with her. She was taken into what they say was emergency C-Section to get the baby out. After some time my father came and asked me what happened. I told him from she called me till now. His eyes were filled with rage and accusation.

"How could you let her lift you up knowing her condition?" What condition? I only heard you telling her to not lift weight. "I swear if anything happens to my girls I will definitely kill you, do you hear me. I will kill you." I felt so afraid for myself. I kept on praying that they would both live or I would die also.

"Mr Castillio, we are so sorry, but we couldn't save any of them. The baby died from suffocation and the mother died from loss of too much blood. We tried our best in so sorry.

I instantly became alert when his predictor eyes land on me. He grabbed me by my hair and dragged me home. There he beat me with whatever he held saying its my family that I killed his family and that I'm dead to him. From that day, my life became a horror show. He would get drunk and beat me, have sex with the maids and beat me more.

^^^^END OF FIRST FLASHBACK^^^^^^^^

By now Angel was sobbing helplessly, she felt the pain that her husband went through and wanted to take it all away. Tears flowed down Rafael cheek as remembering the memory was disturbing to him. She understood what great deal of hurt he wen through at just seven years old and that too from his father.

She hugged him close as both of them cried tears of hurt and fear. They both stayed motionless as their tears slowly went to their cheeks. As the sound that could be hear were their sniffling and night bugs.

"Baby- I'm so sorry, I didn't know, I'm so sorry." She whispered and sniffles as she croaked out these words. He shook his head drying his tears. "That's not even the beginning, there's worse, I even tried to commit suicide at one point." That statement cause Angela to gasp and suck in a breath of hair.

"I went to hell and return but I don't want to continue if its disturbing you, you're already crying so hard. "No, continue, this is good for us, I get to learn more about you while you open up to me. Continue." She motioned for him to continue as she give his forehead a reassuring kiss.