That time when you look like a zombie - DPR Live

Fanfiction DPR Live

Characters Hong Dabin and you

"Babe?"

One second.

Two seconds.

Three seconds.

"Honey?"

Four seconds.

Five seconds.

"Hong Dabin? Are you there?"

"Huh- what?" he asked, startled.

"You do realize that you're holding a cup of really hot coffee, right? If you're doing it with your mind goes out of space like that, I think you should just give up the coffee, also your shirt, and maybe your skin, too," I answered his just-wake-up question. He replied me with just staring at me blankly while I was blabbering all those words. Well, girl, you sure were dumb as f. You knew talking to him then was like talking with a zombie. Plus, you've never been fond of zombies.

Dabin and I just came back from the coffee shop near our apartment building, and what I meant by near was right across the street. He insisted on having a 'late night walk' after just coming home from a super-packed schedule. Well, the so-called walk just last for a few minutes and then turned into a coffee break.

"I need caffeine," he said when we just one step out of the apartment building. Of course you need that, idiot, look at you. I said inside my head while giving him a look of disbelief.

He looked just like a walking corpse. His eyes were barely open and he walked like a snail. I needed to be extra patient to deal with his current state and apparently that didn't work really well.

The state was to this extend: I need to hold his arm while we walked, just to make sure that he's going to the right direction. Yeah, it's that bad.

So, after he got his caffeine, I asked, "Babe, can we come back to the apartment? I didn't expect the weather to be this cold. I need my pants," he scanned my look from head to toe and then agreed with me right away. Now you're looking at me, huh?

Little did he know, I was actually, purposely, wearing only my oversize yellow hoodie that went (only) mid-length of my thighs, also with just a pair of sandals, for him. Plus to that, I wore socks because I didn't want to go on a complete-suicide mission (or more of a killing-my-stomach mission) knowing that the weather would be this cold. I knew I needed some kind of an excuse to go back to the apartment, so I came up with the mission. Sigh, what I do for love.

I knew he wouldn't last that long with that zombie/corpse-like state. Most importantly, I didn't want to risk having him passed out on the street.

So, here we are, in the elevator, on our way back to the apartment.

Here's the thing: Dabin is the sweetest type of boyfriend. The degree of his sweetness is so high that sometimes I can't comprehend what's going on inside his head.

The start of this 'antic' is that we happened to not have so much meetups because of his preparations for the tour he's going to have in a few months. With the mess he's going through at the merchandise department, it did give him extra hell.

Apparently, that didn't go well with his promise of always meeting me, emphasize on the 'always' part. His ideal of 'always' is one time per day. Because of that, when he noticed he had a vacant schedule tonight, he came up with the plan of having a midnight date.

You don't know how much I thank God for giving me this sweet boy as a boyfriend. With my line of work in the journalism world, I seriously need a tranquilizer. And, instead of aspirin, the curse of being my tranquilizer has been blessed on him.