three

three

~ Vanessa ~

I can't believe everything is out in the open now. Nathan knows about the baby and I'm pretty sure Ariana has figured it out now too, and now he doesn't want me to go back to Australia, which is understandable since I'm carrying his child and he wants to be part of his or hers life. I honestly didn't expect him to want to. I expected him to go on a rampage or turn his back on me completely, but knowing he's there is reassuring. It doesn't mean I forgive him, he's still a dickhead and a disgusting bastard for cheating on me with his so called 'girlfriend' Ariana. But I'm prepared to stay civil and kind to him. For the sake of our baby.

I sigh pulling my navy blue and white striped t-shirt over my bump, shoving my hair up into a quick but neat ponytail. My stomach grumbles and I shake my head with a chuckle, "Are you hungry baby?" I coo to he or she in my tummy. The thought of some weatabix covered in fresh milk, sugar and some nicely sliced strawberries makes my taste buds tingle.

I open my bedroom door, stepping out and bumping into someone. "Sorry.." The person looks up and I gulp when I realise who it is. "Good morning, how's the lil one?" Nathan questions with a small smile and I notice he's only wearing a towel around his waist as small droplets of water drip onto his button nose.

"He's fine" I shrug with a so and so nod. "He?" Nathan raises an eyebrow, "Yeah well, what else am I supposed to say?" I place my hands on my hips and he laughs lightly shaking his head. My stomach grumbles again and I know my baby is very hungry and very impatient. "Anyway.. Some of us are in need of food, so I'm just gonna.." I trail off pointing to the stairs as I slip past him heading downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning love" Karen greets me with a beaming smile which I return with a simple 'morning'. I open the cupboard taking out the box of weatabix and pulling two out, placing them in a bowl. I reach into the fridge just as Karen is taking out some bacon and I grab the milk and the strawberries. I pour on the cold fresh milk before slicing a few strawberries and laying them on top followed by a small sprinkle of sugar. I move into the living room plopping down on the sofa and taking my first spoonful. A small moan escapes my lips as the well waited taste fills my mouth.

I look up when I feel someone's presence in the room. Oh just my luck. Ariana bites her lip as she strides towards me, sitting down on the same sofa, a few inches away from me. "So.. A baby" She finally speaks after a good couple of awkward silent moments. I don't answer, in fact I pay all of my attention to the delicious nutritious food in front of me.

"Just because you're having Nathan's baby, it doesn't mean you can find your way back into his pants again. Because he has made his decision, he's chosen me" She mutters and I almost choke on my mouthful as I turn my head to see her smirking. "I'm not interested in getting back with Nathan, I have a boyfriend who I love very much and he loves me too. So I'm sorry I want the father of my baby in my life for this precious time in our lives. But you can't have him to yourself all the time" I rant slamming my bowl and spoon on the coffee table making her jump. "You know what Ariana Grande? You're unbelievable. Everybody sees you as this sweet innocent perfect role model but really you're just a jealous, clingy, snobby little cow. And you know what? Nathan can have you, Jai had a lucky escape" I spit before storming out of the room with a heavy huff. Surprise fills me, I never realised I had that much confidence. It may sound harsh, but if you were in my shoes, everything I just said is completely true and surely she knows that.

I see Nathan enter the living room, closing the door behind him and I hear the muffled little sobs coming from Ariana. Not that I care, she deserves a taste of her own medicine. I snap my head up when my dad comes trudging down the stairs with his briefcase. "Alright love? What's that noise? Who's crying?" He frowns clearly hearing Ariana. "Just that little attention seeking cow in there" I nod over at the door and he chuckles knowing what I'm talking about. "Got any plans for today?" He then asks as he gathers his papers into his case. "Yeah actually, I was thinking of going baby shopping. You can never start too early, I just want to be prepared. And I've been so excited and I have nothing going on today, why not?" I explain with a smile and he returns it after slipping his shoes on he stands up. "Well.. Here's my card, buy whatever you want. The best for your baby. Don't worry about the costs, price range doesn't matter. Pick what you like and enjoy it whilst you can" He hands me one of his many credit cards and I take it hesitantly.