76.

Fred decided to bring Sophia downstairs into the living room, surprising the Order considerably. They had the idea that Sophia would be too scared to even leave Fred and George's room, but they were proved wrong when they saw her pass the kitchen with Fred close behind with his hands on her shoulders. He sat her down on the sofa and crouched down in front of her, clutching the vial that held the dreaded memory. It had formed into a similar silvery liquid that the Pensieve held, seeming so innocent yet holding such pain.

"I'll just be in the next room okay?" Fred reassured and offered her a comforting smile. Sophia didn't smile back but nodded, still coming to terms with how she was feeling. The memory was still there but it was dulled, as if she was seeing and hearing it from the next room. And she had Muffliato charm cast over her.

Fred patted her knee and pushed himself into a standing position, looking over his shoulder as he made his way towards the kitchen. He saw Sophia staring mindlessly down at her hands, blinking occasionally with parted lips. If he hadn't known what had happened, he would think she was under some sort of trance.

Entering the kitchen made heads whip around to stare expectantly at Fred, making him feel slightly anxious and self conscious. Remus was sending him some sort of grimace as if he wished he had somehow failed to get the memory, but the man's face fell as Fred brought the vial up for everyone to see. Dumbledore, who still stood beside his stone Pensieve, raised his eyebrows in the slightest and glanced at the rest of the Order who looked relieved to have the memory in their clutches.

"Shall we then?" Dumbledore suggested and the Order members stood from the kitchen table, gathering around the Pensieve with glances to each other. "There can only be three people at a time and the memory is for one time only. So, who shall look?"

"I don't think I could watch..." Molly admitted before hurrying back to the kitchen counter, beginning to clean dishes as a form of therapy.

"I don't think I could either," George added with a wince and stepped back to allow a better view of the last candidates.

"I'm curious," Mad-Eye grumbled. "But I suppose I'm not desperate."

Arthur, Albus, Fred, Remus, Tonks and Kingsley were the last present members. They looked to each other, already deciding who should be the ones to look. But no one wanted to be the one to volunteer, leaving three of the members to step away with lingering gazes and sitting back down at the kitchen table. The memory was poured into the silvery basin, mixing its contents with the liquid and images began to appear beneath the surface.

The Order then watched as Albus, Fred and Remus plunged their faces simultaneously into the basin and went rigid as they stared into Sophia's mind.

---

Fred felt himself fall through the air before softly landing on his feet in a room he didn't recognise. To his right he saw Dumbledore and on his left was Remus, who both stared ahead without turning to exchange looks. Fred took the time to take in his surroundings, noticing he was in what could only be described a spacious living room. The wallpaper was a depressing dark green that was accompanied by a sleek black skirting, matching the tall ceiling that had a lavish chandelier hanging from the middle of it. An unlit fireplace sat at the far end of the room with two dark green armchairs and one sofa in front of it. There were three doors in the room, two settled on either side of the fireplace and the other sat behind where Fred, Dumbledore and Remus stood.

Fred finally decided to notice the four people who stood in front of him and his two accompanies. There was Lucius and Draco Malfoy standing in their expensive looking robes and suits, the two looking identically worn out. They both had heavy bags under their eyes and lined faces, looking older than they actually were. Lucius was the worst with his scruffy jaw and dishevelled blonde hair, while Draco looked to be forcing himself to stand up straight and appear unaffected by what was happening in front of him.