11.

"Have you guys studied at all this year?" she asked and the two shrugged in a way that told her that they hadn't.

"We don't care about our grades Soph," George answered for the two of them. "We believe our expertise lie outside of the educational system. We want to open a joke shop you know! Like Zonko's."

She huffed at his answer and decided that it wasn't really her business. Yet she had stated that she would at least help Fred with a start to his studying, to which he had profusely groaned and whined as if his O. W. L's didn't determine their future at Hogwarts and outside of the schooling system.

"Fine Fred, we'll go find that fourth-year," Sophia said with a sigh and saw Fred's expression light up once more. "BUT, afterwards we're going to the library to get you started on a little bit of study."

Fred groaned once more, and George laughed at his brother's misfortune. Sophia knew the twins were incredibly smart, yet their lack of motivation made it apparent that they wouldn't be getting many Outstandings on their report cards. She admired their tendencies to do whatever they wanted regardless of the school's effort to get them through Hogwarts but wanted to at least turn their attention to the things she thought were important with school.

"Well come on then Miss. Lupin, let's show the fourth-years what happens to people that try and murder the Weasley's best of friends," Fred stated as he sauntered towards the portrait hole with Sophia hot on his heels. The two descended the many moving staircases before entering the halls of the school, the rain echoing through the building and making a cold chill run down Sophia's spine.

"How do we know where he's going to be? I barely remember what he looked like," Sophia questioned as they turned around a corner. They soon came to the grass-covered courtyard where students liked to sit in order to soak up some sun. However, because of the heavy rainfall, no one was occupying the benches that were placed around the courtyard.

"I've done some research on where him and his little poesy like to hang," Fred informed her, before stopping the both of them from turning their next corner of the square-shaped collection of halls. He instructed the girl in front of him to lean over to look down the next hall, before leaning over the top of her to peak around as well. At the end of the hall, a group of fourth-year Gryffindors and Ravenclaws were sitting against the wall on the benches that were placed there. Sophia noticed that one of them was indeed the boy who had nearly made her fall over the side of the staircase barrister last night. He sat there laughing with his friends about something, and Fred grabbed the back of Sophia's sweater to pull her back out of sight.

"So what are we gonna do?" she asked and watched as Fred reached into his pocket, pulling out four unmistakeable balls wrapped in Zonko's Joke Shop wrapping.

"I think they're worth the most basic of products from Zonko's," Fred's smile screamed mischief and his eyes swam with anticipation. Ever since the little event last night outside the Gryffindor common room, Fred had been watching closely over the fourth-year who had attempted to unconsciously murder Sophia. Every time the boy would catch Fred looking at him, the redhead would glare at him from across the common room. Fred didn't know why he was so angry at the mishap that Sophia had clearly forgotten about, but wanted to settle the situation in the only way he knew how. With dungbombs of course.

Fred placed two of the dungbombs into Sophia's small hands, and held two for himself. The two leaned slightly around the corner of the hall to look at the group that were oblivious of their presence, before Fred nudged Sophia's side to throw her dungbombs. The two threw the bombs down the hall and watched as they exploded into a vomit-green coloured smoke, completely enclosing the boys that were once laughing. Coughs and cries of disgust could be heard before running footsteps echoed through the hall, indicating the boys' departure from their place. Sophia and Fred burst out into a fit of laughs as they watched the boys run and cough all the way until they were out of sight.

"That was brilliant!" Sophia laughed as she leaned against the wall to support her near falling figure. The girl felt her sides hurt from the amount of laughing she was doing and loved the feeling of her cheeks hurting from her wide smile.

"I'm certain that any fourth-years won't be pushing you or anyone for a long time," Fred emphasised the word 'long' through his chuckling state, and took the time to admire Sophia's beaming expression. He swore he could see her skin glowing from happiness, and the sweet laugh that was emitting from her lips sounded amazing to his ears. He didn't know how much he adored the girl in front of him, but he knew how much he loved the feeling he got when being around her. It was almost as if she had an enchantment over her all the time, that made anyone around her feel completely awestruck in her presence. The only thing was that he was the only one that was affected, and he hoped he could keep it that way.

"You know what we have to do now right?" Sophia broke Fred out of his trance, and he blinked in confusion. She rolled her eyes before stating in such glee that he nearly felt sick. "Study of course!"

She immediately took hold of his wrist and began dragging him towards the library. He groaned in obvious displeasure but followed her none the less, just because it was her. If anyone else had tried to take him to the library, he would laugh in their face and take advantage of the fact that he was a Beater in his Quidditch team and walk the opposite way with his strength pulling along anyone who had dared to grab hold of his wrist. He dreaded the moment they stepped over the threshold of the library, and let the small girl lead him over to a table in the corner.

"Now what do you want to study first?" she asked as they both settled into the wooden chairs. Fred looked at her with a face that showed he didn't care and didn't want to be there, to which Sophia ignored with the same sweet smile still plastered on her lips. "We'll start with Charms!"

The girl returned to the table with a heavy book that smacked down on to the tabletop, making Fred nearly jump ten feet into the air. She pushed the book towards him and told him to start looking for things that he struggled with in class. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow, still not opening the huge book in front of him.

"How do you even know this will have what us fifth-years have been studying?" Fred asked in another attempt to avoid opening the smelly book.

"Because I asked Madam Pince what fifth-years are studying in Charms this year. Anymore questions?" she replied at the speed of light and Fred huffed at her ability to shoot him down. Fred wretched open the book and started reading things he had seen for the first time, even though he had probably covered them already in class. Sophia found her own book and decided to start ahead on some work that she knew they would soon be moving on to in History of Magic.

Fred tried his best to stick to reading the huge book in front of him but kept finding himself looking up through his lashes to stare at the girl beside him. While she was immersed in her book, her face pulled into a state of concentration as her eyes ran over the pages at quick speed. Fred decided that he'd rather study her instead of the stupid Charms book and didn't even notice her look up from her book and catch him staring.

"You know this isn't stare-at-Sophia time, right?" she said, catching Fred off guard. The tips of his ears began to go red and he cleared his throat, before turning his attention back to the book in front of him. Sophia chuckled lightly and returned to her own book, soon becoming lost in its pages.

Remus entered the same library in order to look for a particular book he needed for one of his classes, and stopped in his path when he spotted his daughter and a familiar redhead sitting at a table together reading. He had come to watch the Quidditch match this morning without his daughter even seeing him, and had made sure to determine which of the Weasley Beaters had been the one that he heard had protected Sophia from the bludger. He had concluded that it had been the one with the number five on his jersey, as it had been the same one who had been constantly staring at Remus's daughter. He had also heard hushed whispers in his fifth-year class when they thought he wasn't listening, as he had heard one of the twins teasing the other with the words, 'Why don't you ask for Lupin's blessing now? Get a head start mate!'.

The smirk that was still on his face was seen by his daughter as she looked up to see her dad looking at her, to which she smiled and waved to him across the library. He waved back and saw the Weasley boy raise his head to also catch eyes with Remus, a small look of embarrassment crossed his features when he saw the man. Remus decided to relieve the boy's awkwardness and go to grab the book he was looking for and leaving the library a few moments later. But he had noticed one thing about the Weasley boy, and it was the fact that he hadn't seen him set foot in this library this year until he had seen him sitting with Sophia moments ago.