Beginnings Chapter 2

Chapter two (2)

In this chapter I will explain the Pantheon of the gods that are followed and worshiped in Dracodonius, as well as their relationships with each other and the world itself. There are twelve gods four of each of the alignments of the universe, that would be four gods of light, four gods of darkness, and four gods of neutrality. There are three “main” gods and the rest can be considered lesser gods even though their power is just as great are the “rulers” of the alignments.

The gods of Light:

Gilgleam is the leader of the gods of light. he is the brother to Raziel and married to Lan. His avatar is a Knight completely covered in Platinum armor. His children are Koranor and Polar. He and his sister were the first gods called by the High god from the beyond. He created the Elves and gave the world Light to see their way through the land.

Lan is a lesser god of light she is known as the goddess of nature. She was called by Gilgleam and they were wed after the creation of the world. Her avatar is that of a beautiful Elven female, usually with no clothing. She gifted the world with the animals of the land and with the help of Gilgleam she helped the Elven race learn to nurture the trees and live in harmony with nature.

Koranor is the first born to Gilgleam and Lan he is a lesser god and is called the god of justice. His avatar is that of a Knight of Koranor in full ceremonial plate mail armor, he has been seen riding a mighty black Pegasus. He helped with the forming of the Knights of Koranor during the cleric outbreak of Dragonmoore. He along with the founding mortals of the Knighthood laid out rules that have to be followed.

Polor is the second child to Gilgleam and Lan she is a lesser god and is known as the goddess of the sky. Her Avatar is that of a pale skinned elf with long black hair and black bird like wings coming from her back. She gifted the world with clouds, weather patterns as well as the beasts of that fly through the air, such as the many birds.

gods of Neutrality:

Setharus is the leader of the gods of neutrality him and his pantheon strive to only keep the balance of the world from swinging towards good or evil. His avatar is that of an old man dressed in brown robes carrying a great leather bound book. He created the race of Humans and His gift to world was to give all beings the ability to choose their destinies and have free will.

Chronesith is the brother to Setharus he is a  lesser god and is known as the god of time. His avatar is that of a young Dwarf with eyes that seem to have a timeless look in them. He created the race of Dwarves. His gift to  the world was Time, so that no one being would become too powerful. All things must come to an end as well as a mortal's life span.

Magivus is a traveling companion to Setharus and is known as the god of arcane magic. He formed the Arkane race and gifted the world with the arcane arts. His avatar is that of a Mage covered in robes, no part of his body is seen and he keeps his hands folded in this robes.

Nefarus is a lesser god called to the world by Chronesith. She is known as the goddess of the elements. Her avatar is that of human female wearing a long elegant dress whose colors are constantly shifting from Red, brown, blue, and white. Her gift to the world is the elements themselves. She also taught the mortals the use of Elemental Magic and how to control them.

gods of Darkness:

Raziel is the goddess of darkness, she is the twin sister to Gilgleam. She has two different Avatars that she has been know to use, the first being a heavily robed figure with a belt that is woven from different color dragon scales. The second is that of a temptress. She created the race of Anthrodrakes and gifted the world with darkness so the beings of the world could not see.

Nerux is the god of death and spouse to Raziel. His avatar is that of a wizened old man in tattered robes, boils and scars mark his entire body. His gift to the world was disease and the beast that carry them.

Beltar is a traveling companion to Nerux and came with him to Dracodonius, he is known as the god of Greed. His avatar is that of a fat, greasy looking man in dirty robes. His gift to the world is greed as well as Psionic magic or mind magic. His reasoning for teaching them this was to learn to be greedy with what other people knew.

Korzann is the offspring of Raziel and Nerux, he is the god of war. His avatar is that of a Human with black hair wearing black spiked plate mail armor. He has been seen riding a black Unicorn. His gift to the world is hatred and contempt. He wished to see the world kill itself. Raziel and Nerux named him to rival Koranor so that the people might get the two gods confused and follow their son instead of the god of justice.