Chapter One

Maddie's POV
"0.....8.....40," I say mumbling as I'm opening my locker. I open my locker and set my purse at the bottom of my locker. I look at my mirror that I had set on my locker door since school started. I fix up my hair a little & try to even out my makeup. I usually wake up early, but you see. I was up all night watching On My Block & didn't notice the time. So, basically, I fell asleep around 2 am. Not late you might think but definitely late to me. I look at my schedule hanging on my locker and see which books I needed. "History..... and.... math." I thought to myself. I look at myself once more & grab my books & purse and shut my locker. My school had four floors & somehow my locker is on the second & my classes are on the fourth floor. Makes sense right? I walk down the hallways and head up the stairs where a group of Sophomores were standing in front of the entry to the fourth floor. Yes, I'm a sophomore. However, do I like it? NO. "Excuse me." I say aloud. There was standing one of the cutest boys in our grade. Jabez Noel Villalobos. Now, let me get you "hip" about him. Every girl wants him, however, he only had one GIRLFRIEND in his whole life. Vanessa Jae Lewis. She was one lucky girl. However, she cheated on Jabez about a year ago & for some reason, he has never dated anyone after that. Weird right? I've made many scenarios in my head of getting at him, however they all sound stupid & some of them didn't make sense. Once I had one  where I would run up & kiss him & hopefully he would fall in love with but that wouldn't make any sense but it does at the same tim-. "Look, who it is. Maddie Cidlik," Don said that interrupted my thoughts. I laugh and smile at him & walk by them. I walk into my first class, History. I sit down at my assigned seat & wait till the bell rings.

Hours passes and finally, IT WAS THE END OF THE DAY

The bell rings & I get up & collect my materials. I leave the English class.

"MADDIE!" Someone screamed.

I look behind me to see that it was Don. I look at him with a questionable face. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today, you know like to get some Fro-Yo or something?" I look at him & nod. "I had nothing else to do anyways." Now, you are probably thinking, who the hell is Don? Don was one of my closest friends since 1st grade, however we faded in middle school because he met new friends, which coincidentally were Jabez, Tommy & Andre. Me & Don barely ever hang out but when we do get the chance, we do. Jabez comes out of nowhere & puts his arms around Don who is 5'3. Funny, I know. "So what's the plan for today?" said Jabez. "Actually, I'm going to get some Fro-Yo with Maddie." Don said. "Aight, sounds cool. Count me in." "Actually, it was just suppose to be u-" "CATCH YOU OUTSIDE!" Jabez yelled while running through the exit of the fourth floor. I laugh & look at Don.