chapter two. EDITED

"Troubled youth, huh?"

You echoed Clementine, looking around at the kids outside. You wondered what could've happened for them to earn that name. She nodded and began to explain.

"Before all this, most of the kids here were put in the school by their parents because of.. issues they had. You'll have to find out for yourself what everyone did to get put in here, I don't think it's my place to tell you, but I promise you that everyone here are good people."

She smiled encouragingly and you couldn't help but return it, it was contagious. Clementine kinda looked like a bunny rabbit. Cute.

"I just hope you all like me." You joked, but you felt nervous underneath. What if they didn't? Would they kick you out? You changed the subject quickly. "So, what'd you do to get here? Did you beat up a teacher or something?"

Clementine laughed and shook her head. She led you to the stairs infront of the middle building and sat down, setting her crutches on the wall beside her. You settled next to her and listened to her speak.

"No, I wasn't here before everything started. They actually found me by a train station after I crashed my car and blew up the building." She said matter-of-factly, looking at you through the corner of her eye to see your reaction.

"Holy shit, are you serious?" Your jaw practically dropped open. How do you blow up an ENTIRE train station? She nodded her head.

"That's SICK!"

The two of you burst into giggles and Clementine let out a breath of air, clenching her hand over her stomach.

"Kinda, yeah. It scared the shit out of me at the time, I thought me and AJ were going to get eaten. It's overrun now." She waved her hand dismissively at the thought. "I'm really glad these guys saved me, I don't know where I'd be without them."

"I bet, I don't know what I would've done if I were you." You said more seriously. A shudder ran over your spine at the thought of an infestation like that.

"So, what's your story? I know about the boat and the river, but how did you get here?" Clementine prompted, looking at you intently. Her eyes shone with interest. It felt nice to have someone to talk to again. While you didn't mind speaking about how you got here, it felt weird to talk about what happened to you again. You tried to keep those thoughts away from your head.

"Well-"

You were cut off by one of the boys from earlier - what was his name... right, Louis! - stomping his way over to the two of you. He looked upset in a fake-dramatic way, lips pouted and arms crossed as he loomed there. You held in a snicker.

"Hellooo! Earth to you two!" Louis waved his hand in front of you and Clementine. She batted his hand away and rolled her eyes. "I called you over like, three times! Dinners ready, come eat." He finished and helped Clementine get her crutches straightened out as she stood. She looked like she wanted to push him away again but let him help, an underlying shine of affection in her eyes. You looked away from them for a moment and only then did you realize that the sun was setting in the dark sky.

"Shit, it's this late already? How long were we talking for?" You said aloud in disbelief. It didn't feel like all that long!

"A good few hours, probably. Nice to meet you, Ms. Talks-alot." Louis joked, flashing you a sarcastic smile. You rolled your eyes. So he was the jokester of the group. Cute. "I see you're already picking favorites. I'm hurt!" He glanced at Clementine and placed a hand over his heart and touched his forehead with the back of the other.  You couldn't hold in your laughter.