TWO - A Mans Purpose

Hizashi steps into the teachers lounge, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. The blonde caught a glimpse of his dark haired coworker, sitting across the room. There was a stack of papers in one hand and a coffee in the other. He got up and swaggered over to Aizawa. He plops down onto the soft couch across from him.

"What do you want?" Aizawa mutters, dropping the stack of papers onto the small coffee table. Aizawa's cold eyes trail to look at Hizashi.

"Does it look like I want something?" Hizashi laughed, a slight tone of panic in his chuckle.

"Yamada , cut the stupid act and tell me why you came over here." Hizashi's smile quickly falls into a pout. "Spit it out, I have work to do."

"Okay, okay! I've been thinking a lot lately-"

"Don't hurt yourself." Aizawa jokes, earning an eye roll from Hizashi.

"I'm serious- I've been thinking a lot about our deal..." Aizawa shoots glances along the room, sighing in relief seeing how the staff room was empty.

"Don't bring this up again..." He mutters. "I made the deal for a reason. I don't want it to go even further downhill. Like I said before, I'd like to remain friends and focus on my work. My purpose as a man is to hold up my end of a deal." Hisashi sighs and looks down at his hands.

"Shouta...I understand, I do. But you know me. It's had got me to have that kind of willpower...but it's even harder for me to watch someone I care about grow distant. My purpose as a man is to keep the people I love close by-"

"You're still stubborn..." Aizawa said quietly. Hizashi looks up at him.

"I'm stubborn? And what does that make you?" Aizawa can't help but laugh a little bit.

"A hypocrite." The two laugh quietly. It doesn't take Aizawa long to feel awkward.

"I'm sorry Hizashi, I really am...I think about the past a lot too. I miss what we had- it just felt wrong at the time...what we did."

"But that was years ago...it could be different now-"

"Hizashi...I don't think I can handle a relationship right now..." Hizashi frowns. "I need time to get my life together.." Hizashi looks down at the ground and nods.

"It's fine- I get it, totally...your well being is more important than anything..." Hizashi gave an attempted reassuring smile. Aizawa shakes his head with a light, barley noticeable smile. "Just promise me something, Shouta...if anything ever gets rough and you need someone to lean on...call me. I really care about you and I want to be there for you." Aizawa sighed.

"Thank you..I should get back to the students..." Aizawa said softly as he collects the papers he had put down. Without another word, Aizawa leaves the room, leaving Hizashi alone in the staff room.

"I love you..."