5

KOPA POV

It has been a few weeks since the incident with the hyenas and I have recovered from my cuts and bruises, but now I'm too scared to leave the pride rock and I have nightmares of them hurting me.

But right now it was late and I had a nightmare and so I went outside and looked at the star.

"Kopa" I turn my head and I saw my dad "what are you doing up at this hour?"

"I had another nightmare and I couldn't go back to sleep and so I came out here to get some air and just look at the stars"

He then sits next to me "do you want to talk about what happened?"

"No, it's still too scary to talk about it"

Dad then scoots me closer to him and then I cuddle up to him and cry.

"Shhh shh shhh, it's ok it's ok," dad says.

"I'm scared," I said while I was crying.

"And it's ok to be scared" I then look at him "you know when I was your age I was scared," dad says.

"Of what?"

"My father was killed" I gasp "I was terrified because I saw it with my own eyes"

"How did he die?"

"He died saving me from a stampede that was caused by the hyenas, but I learned years later that it was Scar that wanted us both dead" dad says.

"Whos Scar?"

"Scar was my father's brother and my uncle and your great uncle," dad says.

"Why did Scar want yall dead?"

"He was jealous of my father and me," dad says.

"Why?"

"He wanted to be king and rule the pridelands," dad says.

"Do you miss grandfather?"

"Everyday" he then looks at the stars "let me tell you something that my father told me, look at the stars" I then look at the stars "the great kings of the past look down on us from those stars"

"Really"

"Yes, so whenever you feel alone just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you and so will I," dad says.

"Wow, so they're looking at us right now?" I ask.

"I believe so and I do believe that your grandfather is watching over you too," dad says.

"Grandfather probably sees me as an embarrassment to the family since I'm too scared to leave pride rock"

"No, I don't think so" I then look at my dad "I knew my dad pretty well and know that he isn't thinking that at all" dad then stands up "come on let's go back to bed"