CHAPTER 18

Claire's p.o.v

The truth is I've always hated the Bailey girl, even tho she was my cousin, everyone always saw her as little Miss Perfect and I hated it, she was effortlessly beautiful in many ways and because of that she becomes the center of attraction without even doing much and that made me dislike her even more.

But her making Zion fall in love with her was the height of it all for me it skyrocketed my hate for her to a whole new level, my Zion,the only guy I've ever loved, the only one that I don't mind being insulted for, Zion has always been the guy I love ever since preschool, he was and is my dream guy and the day he asked me out made me the happiest girl on earth, I felt like I had won a trophy a big golden trophy, I was living my dreams being his girlfriend, even if I knew he didn't love me the way I loved him, even if I knew he takes me for granted,I didn't care and didn't mind all I wanted was to be his girlfriend and the rest didn't matter.

But looking at Alia as she lay unconscious on the hospital bed made my hatred for her useless, the fact is even if I know I hated Alia so much for stealing my boyfriend and I wanted her to pay, putting her life in danger wasn't part of my plans, whosoever did this to Alia hated her more than I did, yes I am a bitch most times but I would never endanger anyone's life, seeing my aunty in pains made me wish Alia would wake up.

"Aunt stop crying, she will be fine"I said to my aunt who had been in tears since yesterday night when Zion rushed Alia to the hospital.

"Oh Claire I am not so sure about that the doctors haven't said anything yet, my baby,the love of my life she's all I've got Claire," my aunt said in tears as she held Alia's hands.

"I know that and I promise she will get better, I promise, "I said doubting my own words.

"How is she?"Zion asked as entered the hospital room looking worried and stressed which made me want to slap Alia to wake her up cause she was causing the love of my life pains.

"Nothing yet Zion she hasn't woken up my poor baby," Aunt said in tears.

"What did the doctors say?"Zion asked.

"Nothing, nothing, no progress nothing my baby is just there struggling to survive, my baby is dying" Aunt said which broke my heart the more.

"Oh Alia please come back to me, please" Zion said almost crying.

"She would, "I said with pains in my heart that the love of my life loved someone else and he wasn't crying for me.

"I think it's time you guys leave the patient for a while, take a break, we don't want any of you breaking down, I don't think the patient would like that"the nurse who came to examine Alia said after her examination.

"Sure, c'mon aunt we need to go home so you can freshen up and then come back," I said to my aunt who was shaking her head, her eyes were almost blood red due to all the crying she had been doing.

"No I can't leave my baby I can't," Aunt said.

"But you have to"I said trying my best not to do or say anything to offend her cause Honestly I was tired of the whole situation already.

"Please ma'am you need to rest, I will stay here with Alia till you get back, just take a break please, I've already contacted the police and they've started their investigations already, we will soon find the culprit and make them pay, "Zion said.

"I just want my daughter to be okay, I love her so much...I would die if anything happened to her" Aunt said in tears.

"C'mon let's go, c'mon she would be okay" I said as I held her hands and we both left the room leaving Zion behind.