Chapter twenty three

Sorry for not updating for quite sometime. But here is a new chapter :) hope you like it. Please leave a review and vote (sorry it's so short)

Madison's hadn't heard from Russell in about a week and she was getting a bit worried. She was wondering where he could be. Why was he not in contact with them? But then again it was kinda routine for him to just get up and leave and not say anything for a week or two. So why was she getting all worked up about him not calling? She should've been used to it. What had changed? Madison had decided to call again for the third time that day. She had an appointment today, russ told her that he would be there. He didn't want to miss anything. And her call went straight to voicemail once again. She had given up and headed to the hospital. On the way Russell finally called her back. Madison had tried her best not to yell at him over the phone. And wait until they were face to face. But when they were face to face, she didn't say a word. She gave him the silent treatment, Russell was slightly annoyed by her behaviour, he thought she was acting like a child. The silent treatment was not the way Madison wanted to go, she wanted to give him hell. What was upsetting her even more was that he wasn't even trying to explain.
They sat in the waiting room in an uncomfortable silence. They didn't make any eye contact. The silence was broken by the doctor calling them into his office.
The doctor had asked multiple times before if they had wanted to know the sex of their child, they had said no every time. They wanted to be surprised, and this surprise was worth the wait. But this time something changed not only in Madison but in Russell too. They had decided to find out today. They weren't sure why. But when the doctor told them they were ecstatic, they couldn't be happier. Nothing could ruin their day. They were having another baby girl. Another healthy beautiful baby girl. When Madison turned to look at Russell the smile on his face melted her heart. She had forgotten about what she was upset about. She hated that he could do that to her, make her forget why she was upset or angry at him. With that charming smile he had. She absolutely hated it, that was probably one of the reasons their marriage failed. But all that didn't matter right in that moment all that mattered was their growing family.