Kidnapped

Chris' POV

My head throbs with pain. Where am I?

I strained to open my eyes wider, attempting to see my surroundings clearly.

"Where am I?"

No one answered, but the sound of approaching footsteps told me I was not alone. It was then that I realized I was blindfolded.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"

"What is your relationship to the heir of the vampires?"

"Heir? Whose heir? I don't know what you are talking about."

Silence enveloped the room. My mind raced, and thoughts of Jake consumed me.

What do you mean he accepted it? He didn't tell me? He lied to me?

"Are you talking about Jake? Where is he? What did you do to him?" I shouted, frustration and fear welling up within me.

"We can't capture the Heir. He's strong enough. But you, you are his weakness!" a voice, deeper than the others, declared.

His weakness. A bittersweet realization, but I couldn't revel in it. There was no time for happiness—my life and Jake's were both in danger.

"He'll find you," the deep voice asserted.

After these ominous words, a blinding light flooded the room. My eyes stung, and my vision blurred. I waited for the pain to subside, blinking and hoping to regain focus.

Six figures emerged, displaying chiseled abs, tanned skin, and black hair—a sight that would be enticing under different circumstances. However, I knew they were werewolves, their brown eyes fixated on me with a deadly thirst for blood.

One more person remained in the shadows, seated in a large chair. I couldn't see his face.

"Who are you? What do you want with me?" I demanded, mustering courage.

Laughter echoed from all of them, and my pride was wounded.

"We don't need you! We need the Heir!" the third guy from my left proclaimed, the most mature-looking among them.

"Shut up, Lam!" commanded the man in the center, whose voice sent shivers down my spine. "I want to introduce myself to you," he continued. "We are a clan of werewolves, and I'm Christian, their newly elected Heir. I want to kill the Heir of the vampires."

"Are you talking about Jake?" I inquired, my curiosity battling my anxiety.

"Yes," he replied coldly.

"I thought he did not accept it. I thought he would not leave me. He lied to me."

I struggled to comprehend why Jake would deceive me. Confusion overwhelmed me, and I felt helpless. Bound and unable to cry, I feared their mockery.

"I don't know where he is! So let me go!" I pleaded.

Christian stood up, his eyes glowing gold. It was a breathtaking sight, but my heart raced knowing these werewolves were Jake's enemies.

As the glowing subsided, his face was illuminated by the overhead light.

"He'll come for you!"

With a face resembling an angel—thick eyebrows, features reminiscent of Brad Pitt, a combination of countless handsome faces—he was Christian.

"He'll try to find you, and when he's here, I'll kill you both!"

His threat hung in the air, casting a dark shadow over our uncertain fate.