International Love Part II

Jake's POV

Our journey in France unfolded with a mix of enchantment and weariness. After landing, Chris and I made our way to the hotel, seeking a brief respite before immersing ourselves in the city's vibrant tapestry.

The adventure commenced, leading us to iconic landmarks such as The Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. My attempts at pronouncing the names often left Chris amused, but his eyes gleamed with delight at the beauty of France, the City of Lovers.

As night blanketed the city, casting a romantic glow, I felt the weight of fatigue settling in. Yet, Chris defied weariness, his energy unwavering. His eyes held a sparkle of gratitude, and a soft "thanks" escaped his lips as he planted a gentle kiss on my cheek. I reciprocated with a smile, our fingers intertwining.

"Oh my God, Jake, there's a special event today!" Chris exclaimed, pointing excitedly to a sign.

Reading it aloud, I revealed, "Fireworks display, tonight at 9 PM, near the Eiffel Tower."

"Can we go? Please?" he pleaded, his eyes shimmering with anticipation.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked, concerned.

"No, please!"

"Alright, we can go. But first, let's grab dinner and rest for a while," I suggested.

"Thanks, Jake!" he hugged me tightly, radiating enthusiasm.

Choosing a charming spot to dine, we ordered an array of dishes—Carbonara, Paella, Vietnamese Pho Soup, Caesar Salad—and washed it down with two Caramel Frappuccinos. Chris, in his hunger, morphed into a human vacuum, relishing every bite. I chuckled silently, choosing not to tease him and spoil the joyous moment.

With dinner concluded, we secured a prime spot for the impending fireworks display. Chris, in his excitement, let out a sudden scream.

"What?" I asked, bemused.

"It's about to begin."

"Just don't scream like that; you're going to make me deaf."

"Sorry, baby!" he apologized, planting a kiss on my lips as the display commenced.

It was a spectacle of beauty and perfection. With Chris beside me, the evening transformed into an unforgettable memory. However, amid the breathtaking bursts of light, an unsettling scent lingered—a harbinger of danger.

"Werewolves," I whispered, my instincts on high alert.