Part 4

Steve watched as (y/n) ran down the steps of the school as fast as she could, no doubt wanting to get out of the building and go home. It was Friday, so it wasn't just (y/n) that was eager to get out. The blonde super soldier smiled as his daughter crashed into him, hugging his waist as tight as she could. "Let's go home!" she exclaimed in an impatient tone. Steve silently chuckled her as he let her to the car. Steve never needed nor wanted a car since he'd woken up from the ice. The patriotic Avenger preferred to ride his trusty motorcycle than a car. But after a mere three days of having to ride in Luis's taxi, he figured a truck would do just fine. Plus, it's not like he couldn't afford to or something. He WAS an Avenger. He wanted to take (y/n) on his Harley Davidson but figured she wasn't old enough in his opinion. But that didn't mean he wanted to take her for a ride any less. It was one of the things he wanted to do if he ever got kids back in the forties, but never thought he'd get the chance. And now he did, h just had to wait a little longer. Someday Steve, someday, he thought as (y/n) got in the back seat while he started to pull out and drive. "So how was school?" he asked her. "It was fine. No one understood me when I talked in science. Now they say I'm an egghead" she told her dad as she began to dig through her backpack. "Is that bad?" he asked her. "I don't know. But the teacher got mad because she doesn't like name calling" (y/n) said. "Well, that's good. Is Ms. Keeler nice?" Steve asked, looking at her through the rearview mirror. She was still digging through her backpack, a pile of papers next to her as she pulled out more before adding it to the pile. What in the world is she looking for?, he asked himself, going back to looking at the road. "Uhh... She scares me" (y/n) said in a hushed voice. Steve smiled at her response. "You and me both kid. So what makes her scary?" he asked her. "Well, she's always watching me more than the other kids. I know you guys told her to keep me safe, but she just is creepy. Is it true that Aunt Natasha picked her out?" she asked her father. Steve let out a long breath that he didn't know he was holding within him. "I'm sorry, afraid so. I hope it gets better... Hey, what are you looking for?" he asked him. "I drew you a picture as you asked me to daddy," she said. He heard the sound of papers and other things being moved and rustle around from her backpack until she pulled out a single sheet of paper. "Here it is!" she exclaimed in a bright voice. Out of Steve's peripheral vision, he could see her sliding a piece of paper onto the center council. "What's that? Did you get in trouble?" he asked, a small swing of fear bubbling up. What could she do to land herself in trouble? For a second he guessed she might have used her powers, but decided against it. She was good at keeping them under wraps when she needed them to be. "No! You told me to draw you a picture. So I drew one of our family" she told him. The blonde haired super soldier immediately calmed down at his daughter's words, mentally thanking God. He couldn't handle trouble in the first week of school. "Thanks, sweetheart. I'll have to look at it when we get home" he said with a small smile.

==========================

Steve looked down at the picture in his hands, a warm-hearted smile on his face. (Y/n) was a very good artist for someone her age, and that was without attention to detail. He was always amazed at how well her pictures turned out. This one was no different. She drew something that looked like a family portrait, with Tony, Clint, Thor, Nat, Wanda, Vision, Bruce, and himself with (y/n) all together holding hands. It made him smile at two things. The first being that there was no way in hell a real family portrait would look as nice as the one in his hands. The second was just seeing the whole team through the eyes of the small child standing next to him in the elevator. "I'll put it in my room, ok?" he asked. (Y/n) nodded her head in reply, a small smile on her face. It was only a few more seconds before the bell ringed, letting them know that the door would open.

"Yes, it was very traumatizing, but at least I brought back Banner"

"I still don't think I lost though"