Part 2

"No!"

"(Y/n), you don't have a choice in this. You're going"

"But I don't want to leave you!"

"Stop acting dramatic. It's for a few hours, you'll be fine"

"I'll die if you drop me off!"

Steve sighed as stared off into the space in front of him in vexation. He. Was. Done. The Blonde super soldier woke up to Friday politely yelling at him to wake up before they had a chance of being late. He had never been yelled at by an AI, but he had a feeling Tony set that up to spite him. So he had to rush (y/n) out of bed, make breakfast, get her bathed, dressed, and have her backpack packed for her first day of school all under fifteen minutes. But the (h/c) haired girl didn't seem to want to leave home. Steve could tell by the way her small hands gripped the edge of the elevator doors. Steve sighed in irritation. The two of them were currently in the lobby, and Steve could see the taxi just outside the door. He never liked to be forceful unless he had to, but this might call for some overpowering of the blue eyed man. "(Y/n) (m/n) Rogers. We can either do this the easy way or the hard way" he told her in a stern tone. Usually, she straightened up upon hearing her full name. But he watched in surprise as she only held on tighter. "Give me liberty or give me death!" she exclaimed defiantly. Steve would have laughed if he wasn't as mad as he was. "Great God- Alright. Hard way it is then" he said as he shrugged his shoulders. In a swift and simple move, Steve bent down and wrapped his strong arms around her waist and picked her up like she was nothing but a piece of paper. "Daddy! Put me down!" she cried, leaning back to face him as he carried her outside. "I warned you" he told her, feeling relieved as he saw the yellow taxi still parked before him. "I have a right to stay at home!" (y/n) whined, folding her arms across her chest. "First of all, that's not how that works. Second, you'll be fine" he told her as he opened the door and climbed inside the cab. It had a nice enough interior, being all black with comfy seats. (Y/n) sighed in defeat as she slid to the seat next to him and buckled herself in. Steve smiled at that as he did it also. But his attention was quickly drawn to the driver with black hair, tan skin, and a cheerful face. "Hello, my names Luis and I'm happy to be your driver on this fine day. Where ever you need to go, I'm your man. I know all the best routes. I can go downtown, uptown, the ghetto- Wait, not the ghetto, I can't go back there after what happened in the year of 1999..." Luis said, his mind seeming to stare off into his memories. A moment of silence passed as Steve and (y/n)'s eyes met with nervous looks. He sure talked a lot, that was for sure. "Uhh, we need to go to the school" told him politely. Luis smiled brightly as he started his car in a quick two seconds. "Ah, nice place. First day? Oh, you'll love it! Lots of kids, learning, sunshine, and a playground too. More than my school had. I mean, we had a sand pit that the local cat gang used as a litter box, so nobody played in that, not even the preschoolers. I hear the teachers are really nice, except for Mrs. Bower. But she's like, one hundred years old man! Girl gotta at least be allowed to be cranky at that age, know what I mean? Boy, the stories I could tell you! Oo, I got one!" Luis said in a rushed voice as he pulled into traffic. It's like his mouth is trying to join a track team, he thought. Luis kept talking, more to himself than to his two passengers in the back, seeing as they weren't paying attention. The tall super soldier looked at his daughter who sat quietly in her seat, filing with her hands. She was nervous. Steve glanced back to Luis, who was talking a mile a minute.

"- but the thing was, Enrique didn't like saucy burritos, so I was all like 'the hell you doing disrespecting my Abuelita like that bro!'-"

The blonde man sat up straight looked down at (y/n). "I hear they have art in school. Maybe you can draw a picture of all the boys I'll have to beat up for you," he joked. (Y/n) frowned at his attempt to make her smile, looking down at her lap. Steve let out the breath that he was holding him, wanting to make her smile again. "You know, we're not doing this because we don't want you at home with us. I mean, you'll come home at the end of the day" he told her. "But what about what everyone else? Bucky taught me history, Bruce taught me science, and Natalie was me how to knock out a guy using my pinky, and Wanda was helping me with magic" she told him. Steve's heart clenched at her words. While he loved being able to have her at home, there were just some things homeschooling can't teach someone. "We loved homeschooling you, but we want you to be able to be social. It's not as easy as it looks" he told her, lightly nudging her arm with his elbow. "I know that. I just want you to stay with me Daddy" (y/n) told him as she leaned on his arm.