Chapter 1: It's just...

Start from the beginning

Yeah, we were those type of people.

Eshe and I have been friends since middle school. We were always at the top of our class. Each year would alternate, one year I'd rank first and she'd be second and then the next year, it'd switch. But we didn't do it intentionally, we were actually studying our butt's off every year to try and break the pattern. What was rivalry at first slowly turned into an unbreakable friendship, and it was a twist of events that I was the most grateful for.

"Oh right, did you hear about the latest school scandal?" She asked as we entered the cafeteria.

"No, what happened?"

I took a tray and a plate of what I was guessing was supposed to be spaghetti and meatballs.

"You know Killian, the guy in our class?"

"You mean the guy who never comes to class?" I snorted.

"Right him-"

"Don't tell me that you're falling for him like the rest of the population," I scowled, rubbing the apple against my shirt before biting into it. Eshe grabbed two forks and two knives for the both of us before looking around for a table.

"Ew, of course not," she snapped with a wrinkled nose. "I'm not into play boys, they're just a waste of time. Besides, even if I was interested, it doesn't seem like he swings that way."

"Swing what way?" I asked.

"I heard some rumours that he was caught doing the dirty deeds with another guy in the boy's locker room."

I raised a surprised brow. "A boy?"

She nodded. "A boy," she said. "And apparently it was with Luke, co-captain of the football team."

"He doesn't strike me as someone who'd go for the same gender," I mumbled flatly, not really interested on the topic. "It's probably just rumours, I'm pretty sure people just want some attention."

"But people say that Killian actually sucked-"

Eshe accidentally bumped into someone, the cup of water on her tray falling and soaking the person's shoe.

"I-I-I'm so-" she then stopped, realising that it was Desiree, one of the biggest nuisance in school. She would always pick on girls who she thought was prettier than her, a.k.a Eshe, and dating pretty much every cute jock her eyes stumbled upon. Right, and did I mention that she was the captain of the cheerleading team?

Wow, I really was living in a high school cliché.

"Are you kidding me?" she snapped, her two best friends whose names I could never bother to remember standing behind her with exaggeratedly shocked faces and open mouths.

"I didn't see you," mumbled Eshe.

"Do you know how expensive these shoes are?" Desiree snapped in her bratty voice. She then pouted. "Oh right, someone as poor as you probably wouldn't know."

Eshe pursed her lips, her cheeks flushing pink in embarrassment.

"Desiree, it's just water," I said, stepping in. "It'll dry off."

She looked down towards me and snorted as if she only just realised my presence. "It's cute of you to trying and be her knight in shining armor pipsqueak, but it doesn't really work when you're as short as a dwarf and as thin as a twig," she snickered.

I flinched.

"Oh sweety, you did not just say that to my best friend," snarled Eshe. "Carty, hold my hoops!"

She placed her earrings on my tray and I stiffened as the girls started to fight. People started to gather around and film while I tried to seperate them, but Desiree decided to play dirty and grabbed her bottle of apple juice, splashing it against Eshe's face.

Everyone gasped as liquid dripped off of Eshe's chin.

"Oops," gasped Desiree putting her hand over her mouth. "It's just apple juice, right? It'll dry off."

Eshe was mad. No, she was furious.
Anger flared in her eyes and I could tell that she was seconds away from murdering this girl.

But right before she could do anything, someone reached over and grabbed the plate of spaghetti and meatball from my tray, dumping it over Desiree's hair.

Our eyes widened in shock as pasta sauce dripped down her head, noodles dangling on the sides. She was taking in deep breaths as if she was hyperventilating before letting out a loud scream. The cafeteria filled with loud gasps and murmurs and we all turned to the side, even more shocked to see who the culprit was.

"Whoops," smirked Killian, holding the empty plate in his hand. "It's just spaghetti, right?"

🚬🚬🚬

A/N: So much drama in one chapter 😂 What did you guys think?

Also some of you may have noticed that I changed the cover. Tbh I think that I'll be changing it quite frequently so please don't be surprised if it's a different one the next time I post 😅