Chapter 66: Win Some, Lose Some

The sight of a pile of crates flying through the air towards both Thor and I causes the former to jump sideways and pull me along with him. I barely have enough time to send him a grateful smile before the two of us are forced to drop to the floor as the Hulk breaks off the wing of a quinjet and hurls it in our direction. Rather than staying still, the moment that my body hits the ground and the broken piece sails harmlessly over my head, I role to the side until it's safe enough for me to be able to pull myself to my feet. With Thor already up and surging towards the roaring beast, I turn my attention to the pile of crates that the Hulk had just thrown moments before.

"Payback is a bitch," I mutter under my breath, before flinging my hands out towards the crates. Twirling my hands around to create a powerful enough gust of wind, I wait until the boxes are levitating harmlessly in the air before I turn back towards the two other Avengers who were now on the other side of the room.

As Hulk manages to avoid being hit in the face by Mjolnir, Thor uses his free hand to deliver a hard blow to his thigh. Hulk only grunts at the minor inconvenience, before raising his hands above his head.

"Move!" I cry out to Thor, who has enough sense to comply with my wishes without any hesitation. He leaps to the side just as I thrust my hands towards where he had just been standing. Watching as the crates consequently fly forward, I keep my hands pointed towards Hulk who has just enough time to glance up before they slam into his face.

While Thor makes an impressed noise as Hulk stumbles back, I only surge forward as the crates fall to the ground. Hulk growls with frustration as he picks up the closest crate and sends it hurtling through the air towards me. But before I even have time to consider moving out of its path or sending it back the way that it came, out of nowhere, Mjolnir suddenly flies straight into the crate and sends it directly off its course.

I nod my head in thanks towards Thor whose arm is still outstretched from throwing his weapon, though it soon flies back into his hand. Grasping it with both of his hands, he swings it into Hulk's side before slamming it back up into his shoulder. Hulk howls with both pain and anger each time that Thor manages to land a hit, though he soon retaliates with a few punches of his own. Thor blocks every single one of them with either his hands or his hammer, but I can tell that the task was becoming increasingly difficult as his face slowly contorts into a strained frown.

Hulk finally sees me coming when I'm within arm's distance from him. He swings one of his arms out towards me though I drop to the floor and slide past both Thor and the gap between his two large, green legs. When I emerge on the other side, I twist my body so that I slide along on my front before I pull myself up into a crouching position. Wrenching my hand back, I allow the familiar pulse of electricity to crack through my veins before I then throw my hand towards one of the green legs in front of me. Consequently, a thick rope of electricity flies forward and wraps around Hulk's ankle.

As I send a huge and powerful electrical charge through his body, the Hulk bellows in pain and drops to the ground, spasming as he goes. His anguished cries make me feel sick to my stomach, but I don't dare relent and drop my hands. I knew that this was my cousin that I was hurting but I also knew that if we didn't find a way to get him to calm down, a lot of innocent people could get hurt. I have to remind myself that the last thing that Bruce would want to do is hurt people to keep the electricity pulsing through his body. When he goes completely still in on the ground in front of us I finally lower my hands, watching as the trail of electricity consequently fades away. Though judging from the way that his broad chest heaves up and down with each pained groan that sounds from his lips, I don't think that he'll be getting up anytime soon.

At the sight of the wounded Hulk, Thor turns to me as a broad smile works itself onto his face. "Well done, Lydia!" He praises as he finally lowers his hammer.