We all went to the samgyup place and talked about our most favorite professors, our first bokya recit, our most laughable moment in school. Sobrang dami naming pinag-usapan. We also talked about that one time when Cha got punched on the face na dahilan kung bakit hindi siya naka-pasok sa Civpro e may quiz kami. She was so mad.

Law school gave me the worst times, but in return, gifted me with the best people.

"Are you tired?" I asked him while we were on our way home.

"Why?"

"Can we go to Pangasinan? Ellie called me last night, e. She's asking me to go home."

He immediately nodded, no questions asked. Damn. I definitely hit jackpot with this one—although mostly my problem with him was that he's so good at annoying me. As in minsan nasapak ko siya dahil nilagyan niya ng picture ng pugot na ulo iyong loob ng ref ko. I was getting water in the middle of the night, tapos iyon ang makikita ko?! I really marched to his unit at kinatok ko siya hanggang magising siya. And then punched him for always doing this! For him, it's always April 1!

We just went to get some of our things. Papa's kind of okay na na kami ni Yago. Wala naman siyang magagawa, e. And really, there's nothing not to like kay Yago. He's very respectful kay Papa and very nice kay Ellie kaya eventually, wala na ring nagawa si Papa. Wala siyang ma-reklamo, e.

Pagdating namin sa bahay namin, nagulat ako dahil nakita ko si Ellie sa driveway. Mabilis akong bumaba.

"Baby," I called her. She looked at me, frowning. "What's wrong?"

"Ate..." she said. "Mama and Papa..."

Kumunot ang noo ko. I was about to ask her what was wrong, but then my eyes widened when I saw something being thrown. Agad akong napa-tingin doon at mas lalong kumunot ang noo ko nang makita ko na LV suitcase iyon. Definitely Mille's bag.

"Pag-usapan naman natin 'to!" Millie said as she continued to hold on to Papa's leg.

Agad akong napa-tingin kay Ellie. She was crying. Mabilis ko siyang binuhat. Dinala ko siya sa sasakyan. Yago looked at me, lost for words. I looked at Ellie and wiped her tears.

"Baby, sama ka muna kay Kuya, okay? He'll buy you food," I said and then looked at Yago. But even before I could ask him or explain what was happening, he just nodded.

"Text me when it's okay for us to return," he said, getting out of the car and fixing Ellie's car seat. Lagi kasi kaming nandito. We got a car seat for Ellie dahil lagi namin siyang kasama.

Yago drove away with Ellie. Ibinalik ko ang atensyon ko. What the fuck happened here?! I was never Millie's biggest fan, but through the years, I learned to accept her presence in my life. She's Ellie's mother and that meant something to me.

"What happened?" I asked, looking at them both. Millie looked so different from the Millie that I was used to see. She's always made up before—always looking so expensive... but now, she looked like she lost the entire world.

I turned my attention to my father. He didn't answer me. Tumingin siya sa isa sa mga guards. "Ilabas mo iyong mga gamit. 'Wag na 'wag mong papabalikin dito."

"Honey naman!"

Papa looked at her with such rage that I had never seen before. He was breathing so hard that he began to clutch his hand over his chest. Agad akong kinabahan. Shit.

"Just please leave, Millie," I said because her presence would just make this worse. I didn't know what the fuck they were fighting about, but I couldn't risk letting my father suffer another stroke. The last one was bad. The doctor said that the next one could be fatal.