Twins And Doubles {Ray}

I spin in my computer chair, bored out of my mind from waiting for my friends to respond. Sapphire and Emrya should have been home by now. Emily would have given her parents a call. There wasn't really a say in where Shadeye would be at the moment; he has a horrible concept of keeping track of time. And Evelyn is probably trying to Face Time her older brother Noah so they can both see what she ended up with.

It made me think, though, what if they all turn up negative? What if I was the only one who got positive results, and the rest of my friends couldn't even go? What then?

Well...

I would still go. I always wanted to go to going to Earth's Core, wherever it was. Surely it wasn't actually in the center of our planet... It wouldn't make sense. But either way, I'm glad they give us a trial year to see if we like it or not.

My mom didn't stay. Or my dad, obviously. I guess they didn't enjoy their experiences there, but I wouldn't know, because they refuse to tell me. Mom says she prefers not to influence me into thinking the way she did, that way I have my own opinion of Earth's Core. And if that was the case, then perhaps its not that bad.

But I do remember Shadeye's mom telling him not to be 'tricked' by the advertisements, or something. That startled me. But again, everyone had their separate experiences, and she probably didn't have the best visit. Whatever, probably nothing to be worried over.

'So,' I think to myself, 'Time or Life'?

Dumb question.

Controlling time always seemed incredible. But I wondered if there were limits. Would I be able to make myself younger, or older? Perhaps I could be immortal, if I kept myself a certain age. Or would that only be in the 'power range' of Life? And if I ate a pancake, would I be able to reverse time for myself to eat that pancake again? What exactly would I be capable of with controlling time?

And then there's a possibility of Life. But it was hard to say what you could possibly do with that. Keep things alive? Sounds dumb. Maybe bring things to life? Like, hey, you want a puppy? Here you go, let me just summon a little dog right here for you.

My phone buzzes, and my attention is immediately dragged out of my thoughts. I didn't even realize how dizzy I was getting, and struggled to reach out for my phone for a second. I blink rapidly and shake my head, picking up the device and sighing softly. Staring at the screen, a sigh of disappointment deflates my lungs, realizing it was just a notification from one of the games I had earlier downloaded on my phone.

I move to set it down, only to feel it vibrate in my fingers before it can touch the computer desk. Then it buzzes again. And again. And again. And I know it's none other than my friends spamming texts to one other. I let out a heavy breath. Here we go.

I put in my code and pull up the texts, struggling to find the beginning. I managed to catch a message reading, 'Fire,' and another said, 'Light'. But what had me growing nervous was when I scroll up to another text that read, 'Negative'.

I finally scroll to the top of the texts that began the spam, and begin reading.

Emrya [OK, i got my resuts.]

Emrya [Anyone else?]

⭐Evelyn [*results]

🌸JayBird🌸 [Yes, I got mine too.]

Silhouette [I'm sure everyone has their results.]

Phire🔥 [Me too]

Emrya [yeah whatever]

Emily [Who wants to go first?]

Emrya [How about we all say ours]

Shade [What do you mean?]