The Deal

Image above is Harriet without the glamours. Blue eyes are from Lily's mother (not cannon) and the red hair is from Lily.
"Did you say Rumpelstiltskin?" Lily asked with recognition, not dropping her wand. "Not exactly like the story books, but yes, I am that Rumpelstiltskin." The man said standing from the chair. "Now put the stick away and hear me out dearie. I have an offer you can't refuse." Lily stood her ground. "Do you want me to help you or not? 'cause I do have other things to do."
She looked to her sleeping daughter and made up her mind. "What's the deal?" She asks while lowering her wand but not putting it in it's holster. "The deal is this. Should you die in this war, I take your daughter away, raise her as my own, teach her magic until the time she will go to the magic school here." He said while reading the gringotts results. "And what do you get in this deal? Surely you're not doing this out of the 'kindness of your heart'." She asked him suspiciously, eyes narrowed. "You are right dearie." He said, smile on his face while still reading. "What I want is the result." He puts the parchment down. "Oh, and I'll be changing her name, just so you know." He holds out his hand for her to shake. "Do we have a deal?" Lily looks thoughtful for a moment before asking. "What will happen if I refuse, to my daughter I mean? What will Dumbledore do with her?" He looks somber for a moment before replying. "He will place her with your sister, I'm sure that's all I need to say for you to realise what will happen." This thought was confirmed when the colour drained from her face. Ever since Petunia found out that Lily had magic she picked on and insulted her regularly, calling her a freak and an abomination before she moved out and cut contact with her altogether. Lily looked thoughtful for a moment before she replied "We have a Deal."
The delight was clear on his face as she reached over and shook his hand. "What are you changing her name to?" she asked with a curious look on her face. "Hecate Gold." he whispered so quietly while looking at the baby that Lily had only just heard him. "Hecate? As in the god of magic Hecate? And what about her middle name? Rose maybe?" she questioned hoping that she could share at least a middle name with her daughter. "and the god of crossroads dearie, can't forget that." he smirks before continuing. "And Rose is a bit short. How about Rosemary instead? Longer and still keeping the flower tradition." Lily was considering asking how he knew about her family's tradition of naming girls after flowers but decided against it, assuming it was the same reason he knew about Petunia, and simply nodded to the name. After he left Lily put temporary glamours on her daughter (so she looked the same as before the long term glamours where removed) and went to bed knowing that should she tell James about anything that happened or what Dumbledore did he most likely wouldn't believe her. After all, How could the great Albus Dumbledore do something wrong? She thought with no small amount of sarcasm.