Part 5 - I'll Be Happy To Go Back

My name is Zxhyiuwr.

I came from the planet Ftavzxtq in a galaxy 3,000,000 lightyears away from the Solar System.

I’m an Eudklneis. My species are green skinned and have thick hairs, particularly in the legs. I have four eyes, a unique anatomy in our planet that allows me to have superior eyesight.

I learn how to speak a particular language so fast by just looking at the lips for a day or two.

I can mimic any living thing that I touch whatever the size and shape.

My base element is Sodium, or Ygwdblx as we call it in our galaxy. I turn back to my original form whenever my skin is exposed to any substance with sodium/ygwdblx for a certain rate depending on the concentration.

I’m thirteen years old. That’s my age from the planet that revolved around a star for 999 and ½ days.

I am an astrobiographer. I collect life forms from different planets I visited with my ship named The Ojdsgsjhhh 566. I donate them in our planet’s largest alienarium.

Almost a year ago, I visited this planet called Earth. I found myself in an archipelago called Pilipinas. I was exploring the southern regions when I stumbled into this unique village with life forms who have red eyes and red teeth and stained teeth. They call themselves the Badjaos.

The Badjaos live near the sea. The village where they live has a long shoreline bounded by a sea cave in the west (where I was keeping The Ojdsgsjhhh 566 safe until I finish my mission) and a mountain range in the east. Beyond those mountains is a large sea port.

One day, I was amazed seeing this little life form swimming in the sea. He was a Badjao, about my age if I convert. A huge ship named Super Ferry passed by and this little life form was following the ship until it stopped. Then I saw coins dropping in the waters from the windows of Super Ferry. Many coins. And believe it or not, the little Badjao dived deep in the seabed and gathered the coins one by one. Now that’s an ability to envy. Even with my four eyes, I cannot do it in my planet.

So I decided to take the little Badjao. My people would be happy seeing such a creature.

It wasn’t easy, though. You may think abduction is easy as an elevator of light taking bodies into the space ship. No. It’s nothing but a myth. I have to research about the life form I am taking. I have to make sure my job is clean, no trace of abduction. I have to make sure that the life form’s lungs can adapt to the chemical properties of our atmosphere. And I have to inspect the life form for any allergic or infectious potentials.

It took me two weeks to know everything about the little Badjao. His name was Pulag.

On the night that I abducted him, I had a little miscalculation. I ended up fighting the life form’s male parent to death when he rescued his offspring in the cave. I accidentally killed Pulag. I never failed in my mission before. And taking a dead life form is an ultimate failure. I touched Pulag’s face as he laid lifeless on the ground. I was shocked and I didn’t notice that I was losing my guard.

I felt an excruciating pain all of the sudden. I fell on the ground without realizing that Pulag’s father hit me in the head with a rock.

Then I forgot everything.

***

I resigned from my work when I went back here in Ftavzxtq two months ago. My expedition to Earth was my last.

I can no longer bear taking any life forms with me by force. I was traumatized by the death of Pulag. Something blocks my throat every time I remember Girong and Dadang’s kindness. That they took care of me even though I killed their only son.

And something has changed in my anatomy. It’s like what happened to the great astrobiographer Tttypgg 50 years ago. Something has grown inside this region, left of my hairy chest. It seems to be beating.

I don’t know if those people with red eyes and red hair and stained teeth survived the tsunami. If any of them survived and rebuilt their village, then I’ll be happy to go back there sometime in the future.

Not as an abductor but as a friend.

And I will roast and eat squids in the sea shore while watching the beautiful sunset.

🎉 You've finished reading How I Escaped the Island of People with Red Eyes, Red Hair, and Stained Teeth 🎉