"What's that supposed to mean? What are you talking about, Val?" Josie asked Valerie in concern when she heard her mention the part about death.

"You want to know what I'm talking about?" Valerie asked Josie with an attitude as the female witch stood up from the ground, "Ask my fucking mother because I can't even stand to look at you right now."

Valerie turned to look over at Lizzie, who smiled at her, clearly feeling as though she won. She turned to look back at Josie, a single tear following down her cheek, "You were the last thing keeping me here at this school today, but I'm done. I'm done with all of this. Goodbye, Josie."

"Valerie, wait!" Josie called out to Valerie, who ignored her as she stormed off.

Josie turned her head, only to see Lizzie continuing to smile. Without caring for the consequences, Josie left as well to search for Valerie.

Ophelia frowned as she watched Valerie rush past her. Just as she was about to question what was going on, Ophelia turned her head to see Hope standing at the top of the staircase, wearing a dress that immediately reminded her of Klaus. She remembered that dress all too well.

It was hers first, a gift given to her by Klaus centuries before. But when she was presumed dead by Klaus after the fire at the opera house, it was one of the only things he got to take with him when he fled New Olreans with his family in 1919.

Almost an entire century later, Klaus ended up giving the dress to Josie and Lizzie's mother, Caroline Forbes, for two reasons. One being he fancied the girl. She was the first person he allowed himself to fall for after presumably losing Ophelia. The second reason was that it was his way of moving on from Ophelia, but of course, that didn't last long.

  Ophelia didn't care though, especially when she saw Hope wearing it.

  She smiled, tears filling her eyes at the sight of Hope wearing the dress. Hope might have not been her biological daughter, but neither was Valerie. Either way, both girls were considered her daughters, no matter what.

Outside the Salvatore School, Valerie walked outside, panting for breath as she cried, for numerous reasons.

Valerie cried out, gripping her stomach in pain as she tried her best to keep in the magic that was itching to be let out. She knew she couldn't let it out, especially when there was people around that could get hurt.

Outside, the wind picked up and the leaves flew around. She tried to steady her breathing, but the pain only became worse.

"Please, make it stop. Make it stop," She cried out, clutching her stomach as she dropped to her knees.

Thunder rumbled in the sky and lightning struck just a few feet away from Valerie, causing her eyes to widen in shock.

Just then, Penelope appeared, grabbing her by arm before pulling her into a hug, "Shh. It's okay," She told the girl softly, "Just let it out. Let it all out."

Valerie continued to sob, one reason being the pain she was feeling and the second being the fact that she never got to properly tell Josie goodbye.

______

As the winner of the Pageant was named to be Hope, right after it was revealed to her by Roman that her dress was something that her father given to not just Caroline Forbes, but originally Ophelia, Hope was consumed with emotions.

The chandelier began to shake and people began to talk amongst themselves. Ophelia quickly rushed over to Hope, pulling her into a hug, "Congratulations, Hope," She told the girl, who hugged her back tightly as she cried.