Tables Turning - Who Are The Bad Guys?

Just over 100 reads already! WOW I'm so honored. I'd like to thank my parents... haha;) THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Commander's POV

I didn't expect him to come, and I was right. He didn't show up, though when he left me last night, I knew he wanted to. He seemed to have gone into the Center, the rival's home.

What he doesn't know is that there is a tracker implanted in his leg, intended to keep count of our soldiers during the war. The specialists have told me that they will dissolve eventually, so I am not stalking them their whole lives. I know that they feel intimidated by me, and I like it.

I pace around the room, waiting. She should be here any second now.

I can hear footsteps slowly approaching my office. It must be my secretary Sheila, coming to check that she indeed does have an appointment with me.

The door opens, and through it I see Sheila, a woman about in her mid-fifties with curly blonde-gray hair and a pale complexion. She is dressed in her usual outfit: a white skirt that goes to her mid-thigh, a light blue floral shirt that completely matches with her skin tone, and a white blouse to go with the skirt.

"G'day sir," she says in her Australian accent, "There is a lady here to see you by the name of" - she glances down at her clipboard - "Sarah Phillips."

I nod, notifying her that Mrs. Phillips does have an appointment and that I will allow her to enter.

Sheila steps back, revealing a short young woman who looks to be in her thirties. She is wearing what looks like her best clothes: a dull yellow shirt, a loose brown skirt that goes just past her knees, and a brown vest to pull the outfit together.

"Uh, hello." She steps in and extends her hand. "I'm Sarah."

I nod again. "Yes, I know. I am the Commander." I attempt to smile to show that she is welcome here. "What are you here for?"

She shifts her weight between her two feet, looking down. "Well..." She pauses. "My husband was killed in the war, and I have reason to believe that one of your soldiers was the murderer." She looks up, and stares me in the eye confidently.

Sarah's POV

"My husband was killed in the war and I have reason to believe that one of your soldiers was the murderer." I looked at him, attempting to radiate confidence. It must've worked because he frowned.

"Then why're you here?" the commander asked cautiously, glaring intimidatingly at me. I repeated my words, keeping a stern watch on him the whole time. "I cannot help what goes on with all the fighting that goes on during the war, ma'am. I am sorry for you, but there is nothing we can do. You'll have to live with it," he says sternly, and motions for me to go. When I don't move, he says, "Goodbye, and have a nice day", walks over to the door, and opens it.

I glare at him, and stomp out the door, shouting out that he is a phsyco, and a freak, as well as some very colourful words.

Richard's POV

Sarah storms into the lobby of the Commander's building, and I can't help but think, man that girl can make an entrance.

"So we're going?"

She shots me a glare I swear could freeze the sun, and I hurry after her as she rushes out the door. Once we reach my car and we hop in, she bursts into tears. She can get very emotional sometimes.

"Shh... It'll be okay," I soothe. She then looks up at me, puffy eyes, tear-stained cheeks, but with hope in her eyes.

When I don't say anything, she murmurs, "I sure hope so."