Taking Chances - Chapter 4

.A/N- ahh I haven't posted in FOREVER!!! D: which means I will try and post more now. But I might also delete this story for a new one, I don't know yet.

---------------------------------------------

Sarah's POV

Robert smoothly parked the vehicle in an ally near the Town Hall of the Centre, for the second time that day.

He had been courteous not to ask how it had gone, but it was probably to make sure I didn't begin yelling and drawing negative attention.

Though I was not grateful.

It would have been nice to talk to someone at that moment - Clark preferably, but Robert was my only option.

He got out the car swiftly, and walked a way for a few seconds, checking that the coast was clear before helping me out of the car.

Though women were not legally allowed in cars, I had been in one before.

There was a boy in high school, I don't remember his name anymore, but he used to let me stay in the car with him too.

The only vehicles that women were allowed in were the public trains, and ambulances when giving birth, which did not travel, and were only used for the purpose of not letting visitors in.

My hope now was that Robert was correct at finding no government cameras or people, who would likely rat us out.

He nodded at me through the car window, and I pulled my bonnet up as to not let anything possibly recording us see my face and reveal my identity, and stepped out the car.

We hurriedly walker further into the Centre, and out into public where I could pull my bonnet back down a bit to blend in better, before getting hit with a ray of dimming sunlight, and pulling it back up like most other women were doing.

Robert pushed open the large iron black doors that lead to the Town Hall. They looked heavy, but I would not know as this, along with multiple other public things, were also against the law for women.

We walked up to the grand marble counter in the middle of the hall.

I was suddenly very self-concious. For one, I was the only woman in the room. It was normal when you were in somewhere not as public as the Hall, but here, I had never NOT seen a woman in here with me.

I also suddenly had no idea what I was here for - I felt no reason to be here, and very put of place.

I nudged Robert. "What do we do?"

He turned to me with a slight smirk, not big enough for anyone to see. "Watch and learn."

---------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ

You like it? I'm going to try and be more active. :) yay

Posting maybe every Saturday, and some posts may be on Sunday since I'm so unorganized. But posting on my phone helps! :D

- Claire