Chapter Forty-Five.

"Dally, I've been here all day. My mom gonna get mad if we are late again." I told him. He had me stay with him, I didn't mind it but if I was late again I would be getting grounded. "Fine. I'll see you tomorrow." He said. "Bye." I said. Before I left I heard him say in a whisper. "I love you." I turned around to look at him. "What?" I asked. "I'm serious Lexi. I love you. I've never felt this way, or looked at someone the way I do with you. I love you." He said. I smiled, then went over to him and kissed him slowly, passionately. "I love you too." I said on his lips. He smiled. "Go so I can see you tomorrow." "Bye." I said again then left the room. I went to Cameron and said we could go now. We basically ran down to the house not wanting to miss curfew. We walked in, our parents were sitting. "Why didn't you tell us?" Cameron's mom said. "About?" Cameron asked her. "Johnny, then Dally. Why didn't you tell us?" She asked again. "I don't know." Cameron told her. "We got to go to sleep, sorry." I said. "Yeah you do, you have an early bus to catch in the morning." My mom said. "What?" I asked. "You and Cameron are gonna go to New York until things calm down her. Your gonna stay with your father." She said. "No." I said. "No, I'm not going. I need to stay here. Surprisingly, I like it here." "This place is too dangerous, and it's just until things cool down." She repeated. "I'm not going." I said repeating myself. "Yes you are. Your bus is leaving at seven, go get packed now. I don't want to hear another word from you." She said. "I hate you." I said going upstairs. Cameron soon followed. "I can't believe this." She said. "I've been to New York once and I hated it." She said. "Lets just pack." I said. We started packing, I was the first to finish and got out a paper and pencil the wrote Dally a note. I knew he wasn't gonna be awake that early. He deserved to know. "Do you think they are serious?" She asked me. "Yeah." I said honestly. "Oh." She said. "I'm gonna take a shower, then go to bed." I told her. I got up to the bathroom. I can't believe my mom is doing this to me. To us.