Chapter 1

Nagisa P.O.V

For some reason Korosensei told everyone to gather at this cave for some reason "Hello class, the reason why I gathered you all here is to test your courage which I want you to walk in pairs of two into this dark cave here. Each and every one of you will be paired by my choosing and you'll all get a flashlight and what you have to do is reach at the end of the cave and you'll be branded as the winner. But if either one of you flees or screams, you'll fail the test, so lets have some fun shall we?" Korosensei explained and he began pairing us but for some odd reason I was paired with Kanzaki instead of Kayano which I found odd but I better ask him.

"Korosensei I hate to be rude and all but how come you'd paired me with Kanzaki-san instead of Kayano-san? After all I think I'd be-" I couldn't finish as I was interrupted by Yada. "Nagisa-kun are you saying you don't want to walk in a dark cave alone with Kanzaki-san but you'd rather be alone with Kayano-san? How suspicious Nagisa-kun or is it that your planning to do something with Kayano-san which is why you don't want to be with our fabulous Yukiko Kanzaki-san?" Yada asked me three questions but she wants to know why I want to be with Kayano instead.

"What?! That's not what I'm saying as I didn't expect for me to be paired with Kanzaki-san but I'm just saying that how come Iv'e been paired with her as I'm just finding it confusing that I'e been paired with her instead of Kayano-san." I commented and looked at Kayano who gave me a concerned look but I can see she's blushing then I looked at Kanzaki who is also blushing but not as deep as Kayano's. "I have my reasons Nagisa-kun, so there's no need to worry about it." Korosensei replied but I want to know why though as this isn't random but what is his reason for him pairing me with Kanzaki than Kayano

Later in the cave

("What can we even talk about? We don't spend time together unless we have to work in teams during lessons but this is different. I have no romantic interest in Kanzaki-san actually in fact why didn't he pair her with Sugino-kun when Korosensei knows about his crush?") I tried to think of a reason but there isn't any. ("Korosensei was pairing us with people who we liked but he doesn't know mine which thank god he doesn't know but...wait does that mean that Kanzaki-san has-") I was interrupted when I felt something pull the back of my shirt and when I looked, Kanzaki looking concerned, probably because I was spacing out. "Kanzaki-san what's wrong?" I asked but I hope she isn't upset with me from earlier. "I'm wondering if your upset at me because I got to be your partner instead of Kayano-san. I think I understand why you might be upset but I'm trying not to overthink it." My eyes widened and I could feel a blush on my face.

"Kanzaki-san... I'm not angry....I'm just thinking why did Korosensei paired us together as everyone looks like they make a good couple like Isogai-kun got paired with Kataoka-san or Okuda-san and Karma-kun but as for us do you think that's strange?" I asked but she went full red for some odd reason. "Now that you mention, that is weird as Okuda-san does indeed like Karma-kun and Isogai and Kataoka-san are the class reps but as for us it is strange." Kanzaki replied but something about her reply was off

"I guess I owe you a apology for what I said earlier." I told her as I just feel bad about it. "No worries Nagisa-kun, it wasn't your fault, so please don't-" Kanzaki was cut mid sentence and next minute I was pushed to the ground with Kanzaki crashing on top of me which is just embarrassing. "Kanzaki-san! Are you alright?" I asked trying to forget the embarrassment. "I'm alright Nagisa-kun and sorry for-" She couldn't finish because we are now face to face with one another and we began blushing. "Kanzaki-san...I think we should get up before somebody sees use and gets the wrong idea that we'll-" I stopped my sentence as Kanzaki just got up and held her arm out which I accepted. "I'm sorry that I tripped and fell on you Nagisa-kun but are you hurt anywhere?" She'd asked but we'll still holding hands but she doesn't seem to be bothered by it for some reason. "Not Really but how about you? Actually scratch that as I did break your fall." I replied along with a nervous laughter but she got close up to me and I have no idea what she's about to do.